jdmwhore's ride

.gorgz

Hey Guys,

Firstly, thanks for the warm welcome guys..

As promised before in my intro thread about 3~4 days ago, I promised some pictures of my little daily beater... well its not my daily anymore and gonna start getting working on it as soon as I start freeing up some time from work, anyways here it is.. I'm gonna keep this thread up as my build threat as well, so you'll see any upgrades made updated to this thread..

It needs some work first though, because there's some minor scratches and some scuff markings on the front and rear bumpers, and the stock rims have got sh#t loads of gutter rush on them, but these might be replaced by some new goodies :D

Thanks again guys, and without further ado, here are some pics..

profile.jpg

profile2.jpg

profile4.jpg

LOL @ jdmho haha!

D35, probably not gonna get too much into it coz the last time that happened I was living off bread and water.

Probably start with lowering it so I'm on the hunt for some springs at the moment, then probably a new set of rims.. I was thinking Takata Green CE28N's or Work CR KAI's but I'm still looking around, then probably go for CAI and maybe a new exhust and then I'll see how bad this thing has bitten into my pockets and see what else I can muster in regards to some ICE.. either way I think I'm going to be living off mee goreng for the rest of my life :D

lol I'm sure yours was much cleaner, this ones got a few bumps.. and I'm a bit fussy when it comes to detail like that so I need to get them patched up right away.. whoever had it before me was obviously a complete moron

Definitely has potential. You can either do it up well and make it nice and pretty. Or just put on a few simple mods; cold air intake, exhaust, lower and keep it as a fun daily. Its already got more power than standard rollas ahem *ZRE's*. My thoughts anyway.

John

• 3 months later...

Just some new toys guys, I know its taking a while but I'm trying to juggle work, my misses and this car all at once.. anyways here it is ladies and gents :lol:

Picked up my new 'Carbon Fibre' console :lol: special thanks to Guni for this :toast: I had to replace the old one coz it was broken:

console.jpg

Also my knew head unit, I posted a thread a while back whether to by it or not coz its Eonon a while back... never got a response <_< I don't really want to spent too much on ICE anyway..

head_unit.jpg

I'm on the hunt for a TWM Short Shifter now, So I can do the whole thing in one installation so if anyone can gimme a hand in sourcing one out, it'd be great

I'm gonna work this car from the inside out so next will probably be the short shifter than after that i'm going to start looking at getting some proper coilovers and a better set of rims, at the moment i'm looking for something from either the Volk or Oz range, and probably Cusco zero 2's for suspension, though I have been eyeing some Tanabe sustec's.. anyways more updates to come soon

[edit] - sorry about the sh#tty pics... taken from my phone

Edited by jdmwhore

:toast: :toast: :toast:

Always get to help...... ;)

I can help you with those if you want but just need a right time! :D

Still trying to get a hold of a TWM Short Shifter, just want to get that as well before I start tearing everything apart.. but yeah, I might get in contact with you as soon as I find a that short shifter and organise a catch up..

I'm gonna work this car from the inside out so next will probably be the short shifter than after that i'm going to start looking at getting some proper coilovers and a better set of rims, at the moment i'm looking for something from either the Volk or Oz range, and probably Cusco zero 2's for suspension, though I have been eyeing some Tanabe sustec's.. anyways more updates to come soon

You have some expensive tastes there... I just paid over $500 a rim for some O.Z.'s just recently (still on the way). Volk is similar... Cusco and Tanabe as well.

If you have money for all this, can I have some?

You have some expensive tastes there... I just paid over $500 a rim for some O.Z.'s just recently (still on the way). Volk is similar... Cusco and Tanabe as well.

If you have money for all this, can I have some?

LOL I'm actually thinking of getting Oz Superturismo WRC's, I'm only living of instant noodles, bread and water at the moment.. I'm also waiting for about tax time till I get most of this stuff.. for now its just small things like head unit, short shift, fixing little things that are broken..

But I'm sure its worth the wait, I mean look at these!!! I love these rims.. :toast:

superturismo_wrc.jpg

It's either these or Volk CE28N's

Not 100 percent sure about the Tanabe's but I really want me car lowered, poor thing sits like a jeep at the moment :(

Put those on but dont lower your car, make it look like a rally car :lol:

If you want it lowered and not doing lots of track work, there's always the cheaper coilovers like BC etc... get the job done.

Dont forget to get some new swaybars as well, make a big diff.

Put those on but dont lower your car, make it look like a rally car :lol:

If you want it lowered and not doing lots of track work, there's always the cheaper coilovers like BC etc... get the job done.

Dont forget to get some new swaybars as well, make a big diff.

lol i'd still like to lower it though haha! thanks heaps for the advice, I might look into BC as well.. I think I'm spoilt for choice here, I bought the car and didn't think there would be that much on the market for it.. turns out I'm wrong :-/ its just very expensive :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Very nice car you have there mate...those wheels are super sexy,my mate has the same wheels except his are gold on his white GT Liberty and they look great. B)

Thanks mate, It's still work in progress, slowly getting around to getting everything done but yeah.. its gonna be fun I hope lol

still stuck on color choice for the rims, either black or white, not sure still gonna wait till tax time though till i get my tax return :lol:

On another note, heres some new toys guys, and some older ones I've finally got my lazy bum to install..

New toy, just came in, TRD Short Shifter thanks to Voungster! :D Thanks mate

TRDSS.jpg

Another console and LCD finally installed :lol:

Console-1.jpg

I like the ICE BLUE background... especially since you had the temp on 'COLD' XD ROFL :P

Have you lowered her yet? looks like a 4WD at stock height XD

Evo

I like the ICE BLUE background... especially since you had the temp on 'COLD' XD ROFL

Have you lowered her yet? looks like a 4WD at stock height XD

Evo

Thanks mate, haven't lowered it yet, still hunting for some decent coilovers, but I think I'm doing too much research and I should probably hurry up and just choose one lol.. soon though I'll keep everyone posted :lol:

Now that blue looks awfully nicely familiar

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hahahaha! its coz it used to be yours :lol: finally got around to putting it in and I have to admit it looks great :toast:

Thanks again