Facelift now on Toyota Website

jps137

guys, need your 2 cents worth, we got a dilemma here. we have a 2009 corolla EDGE auto under deposit, and obviously only found out about the facelift just before finalising the purchase (hence the dilemma). we asked whether we could get out of the contract and change to the 2010 if the price for the new facelifts is about the same, ie 25xxx. (therefore can pretty much only afford the 2010 ascent as we are not looking to get manual).

the dealer didnt seem to mind as there was an apparent huge demand for the EDGE, so wat do u guys reckon? should we change to the 2010 ascent for the new style and TRC, VSC and 4 airbags standard, as well as being a 2010 car, although it is really a base model; or should we keep the EDGE, which is kinda a special edition but in a way pretty much just a visually better 2009 ascent? the only "special" things the EDGE has that i know are unique wheels, carpets, and the OEM bodykit, spoiler and foglights, even the steering wheel is the same plasticky one LOL.

wat would u do if both options are open?

any help would be much appreciated guys!

guys, need your 2 cents worth, we got a dilemma here. we have a 2009 corolla EDGE auto under deposit, and obviously only found out about the facelift just before finalising the purchase (hence the dilemma). we asked whether we could get out of the contract and change to the 2010 if the price for the new facelifts is about the same, ie 25xxx. (therefore can pretty much only afford the 2010 ascent as we are not looking to get manual).

the dealer didnt seem to mind as there was an apparent huge demand for the EDGE, so wat do u guys reckon? should we change to the 2010 ascent for the new style and TRC, VSC and 4 airbags standard, as well as being a 2010 car, although it is really a base model; or should we keep the EDGE, which is kinda a special edition but in a way pretty much just a visually better 2009 ascent? the only "special" things the EDGE has that i know are unique wheels, carpets, and the OEM bodykit, spoiler and foglights, even the steering wheel is the same plasticky one LOL.

wat would u do if both options are open?

any help would be much appreciated guys!

The edge is basicly an ascent with extra features such as body kit, spoiler alloys and fogs. persoanally i would go edge for the simple fact i want all those features :P. but if u dont care too much bout the visuals the facelift would be ok.

Like Will said above, edge is basically an ascent with extra stuff and well, 2010 ascent is just an ascent.

It depends if you like the new look, or whether you want the newest model out there, or you want looks..etc

How much is the edge? I thought it's a bit more than the Levin SX?

If it's an 2009 edge, it should have TRC and VSC standard anyway.

Personally, if I have just the two options (edge or 2010 ascent), I would go for the edge. They look like the Levin SX and ZR.

Peter.

went had a quick look today but only had one Ascent in a silver/blue colour...

Dont like rear bar,looks massive in the flesh.

Dont like front bar but what i do like are the mirrors and the awesome steering wheel..

Tailights look like they fit ours but dont sit as neat as ours, design looks like it has huge gaps around it like they were meant for another car..

Id like to see a ZR though, i read the dash is same but the numbers are in white on ZR. Should be red like the JDM RS Auris

post-9535-1260004217_thumb.jpg

I do believe there is a front view photo of the facelift ZR on the carsales news page.

I really like the front view!!!! Rear???? I guess it will grow on you in time, not as much as the 3 grin - another decade should do it.

Quote from the site:

The MY10 model also means USB/iPod input and Bluetooth is now standard on all models.

Toyota Corolla MY10 pricing (all prices are manufacturer list prices and don't include government and dealer charges)

- Ascent $21,740

- Conquest $24,500

- Levin SX $25,690

- Levin ZR $28,900

Has the price dropped or risen?

Edited by Hawk

Toyota Corolla MY10 pricing (all prices are manufacturer list prices and don't include government and dealer charges)

- Ascent $21,740

- Conquest $24,500

- Levin SX $25,690

- Levin ZR $28,900

Conquest has gone a bit cheaper from being the same as the SX. The ZR has gone a bit cheaper too I think..

Edit: oh and this is comparing prices when I was buying my car, at the start of 2009.

Peter.

Edited by dwee.

- Ascent $21,740

- Conquest $24,500

- Levin SX $25,690

- Levin ZR $28,900

Conquest has gone a bit cheaper from being the same as the SX. The ZR has gone a bit cheaper too I think..

Edit: oh and this is comparing prices when I was buying my car, at the start of 2009.

Peter.

thanks guys. just went to a dealer and had a quick word for some very prelim info. 2010 manufactured rollas wont be here till March, and apparently for ascent auto we are looking at 27-28k, without any negotiations, trade-ins etc. so guess we gonna stay with the edge. keep the responses comin though, really appreciate it! cheers.

- Ascent $21,740

- Conquest $24,500

- Levin SX $25,690

- Levin ZR $28,900

Peter.

thanks guys. just went to a dealer and had a quick word for some very prelim info. 2010 manufactured rollas wont be here till March, and apparently for ascent auto we are looking at 27-28k, without any negotiations, trade-ins etc. so guess we gonna stay with the edge. keep the responses comin though, really appreciate it! cheers.

27-28k for an ascent is getting your heart ripped out through your wallet.

- Ascent $21,740

- Conquest $24,500

- Levin SX $25,690

- Levin ZR $28,900

Peter.

27-28k for an ascent is getting your heart ripped out through your wallet.

I would have to say it has RISEN!! i got my ZRE for 20,400 drive away... lol!!

Is the Levin ZR's HID's 4300K or is it 4750K...

Cos i swear i can see more better with my Accord Euro's HID's Than my GF's Levin ZR HID's. Shouldn't it really be the same? Also mine is a bit more whiter than hers hence i mention the temps above.

And i'm pretty sure the prices are cheaper.

I know we drove away with a Levin ZR for like 28K with matts, Bonnet and head light protectors, tinted windows, and an ipod cable.

Cos i swear i can see more better with my Accord Euro's HID's Than my GF's Levin ZR HID's. Shouldn't it really be the same? Also mine is a bit more whiter than hers hence i mention the temps above.

I know we drove away with a Levin ZR for like 28K with matts, Bonnet and head light protectors, tinted windows, and an ipod cable.

how long ago did ur mrs get her ZR?? Thats heaps cheap!! Was that brand new?

Pricing (not including dealer delivery or statutory charges):

Manual hatch

Ascent $21,740 (+ $300 on previous model)

Conquest $24,500 (- $1000)

Levin SX $25,690 (+ $190)

Levin ZR $28,900 (- $1090)

how long ago did ur mrs get her ZR?? Thats heaps cheap!! Was that brand new?

She got her's in 07 i think in nov. yeah i refered her to a mate at a dealer... and he just did all the maths and crap like that. so i thought it was a ripper of a deal. Yeah brand new with dealer Km... 20 or so kms

• 3 months later...