TRD Aurion wheel centre caps

rubin

Hi, Toyota knows there is a problem, I have a copy of their confidential inter-toyota Technical Newsflash. Armed with this they have rplaced the caps and next week will repair damage to paintwork on rims through warranty.

Regards Brett

All well and good, but seeing this is a public forum, you're gonna have to share now :P

It's like running around saying you have a cure for a sickness and then don't tell anyone what it is.

On this topic, SupaTouring had Toyota service people scratch up his wheels because they couldn't remove the wheel caps. He had them repair everything for free for obvious reasons.

Waiting for him to reply because he might say if they are actually easy to remove if you just take care. Therefore the problem is Toyota's recklessness.

Yes I have had the same issues as Daryl has stated above. I now use a large insulated (electicians) flat blade screw driver to remove the centre caps as the plastic helps to protect the rims paint work.

They have to be the worst design that I have seen for a centre cap and require quite a lot of force to pop out. I also remove them before I have the car serviced so if the wheel is damaged I have only myself to blame.

Hi, Toyota knows there is a problem, I have a copy of their confidential inter-toyota Technical Newsflash. Armed with this they have rplaced the caps and next week will repair damage to paintwork on rims through warranty.

Regards Brett

I have few scratches because of that too. Any pointers???

Regards Brett

You are a nice piece of work,

I am very NEW to chatrooms and as i felt so styrongly that Toyota was holding out i joined this forum with info, but was unsure of how to download the file.

Well, here it is so I hope in all sincerety that it may help some TRD owners as Toyota can be very secretive.

TRD_CENTRE_CAPS.pdf

Regards Brett

You are a nice piece of work,

I am very NEW to chatrooms and as i felt so styrongly that Toyota was holding out i joined this forum with info, but was unsure of how to download the file.

Well, here it is so I hope in all sincerety that it may help some TRD owners as Toyota can be very secretive.

Very helpful rubin, thanks for posting this info.

• 3 months later...

This post will become very useful for me. Thanks rubin for posting it up.

Damn the design of the TRD wheel centre cap is really really stupid.

This post will become very useful for me. Thanks rubin for posting it up.

Damn the design of the TRD wheel centre cap is really really stupid.

Thats because they go so fast toyota didn't want the caps falling off ???? lol

i knew i had seen that bulletin , its just a trim removal tool being used. There are other brands now that are a softer material (not hard clear plastic like ones pictured) . Beta tools offer a set of trim removal tools that work just great

edit : just read my post , whens the sites time going to reset to the correct non daylight saving time ??????? lol

Edited by GSV40R