Is there a difference between 06-08 models?

So as the topic says, is a 2007 Aurion AT-X any different from a 2008 Aurion AT-X. Because from I know ALL Aurions are the same between 2006-2008 and that the new 2009 models are the newer upgraded versions?

Physically, about the only difference you would find between a 2007 and 2008 model Aurion is the VVT-i oil line. This changed from a metal/rubber version to an all metal version around mid 2008. Apart from that, a 2008 model may have minor ECU updates for the gearbox, but this is not confirmed and even still, they would be able to be applied to a 2007 model suring a service.

Not all 2009 models are the facelift model as well. The facelift was released around September 2009.

Oh okay, how will I know that that oil line has been changed from plastic to all metal? Can you see it when you open the bonnet or is it deep down in the engine? If I do get an Aurion soon which is likely (love the car!) I would like to get that changed if the car is still under warranty.

Unique, the oil line is visible just from opening your bonnet (see photos in first post, page 2 of the link below).

If you don't have a recent model that came with the all metal hose fitted, its seems your out of luck getting one, I'm afraid. Under the current recall, they are replacing the old rubber hose with a better one. Apparently this better one has a yellow line on it, so that should make it easy enough to tell when you get your Aurion. I can't vouch for this personally, as I haven't had mine done yet.

More info here.

2GR-FE VVT-i Oil Line Replacement