Sportivo Questions

NRG71C

Just picked up a sportivo.

I did a search but couldnt think of the right wording for it.

The centre console under the climate control when you give it a hit or lift kicks in the door falls open, looks like theres a magnet there.

Has anyone got a fix for it? or can point me in the right direction?

The centre console under the climate control when you give it a hit or lift kicks in the door falls open, looks like theres a magnet there.

It's not a magnet, just a spring.

Congrats on the car :)

It's not a magnet, just a spring.

Congrats on the car :)

Is there a fix for it? Apparently alot of them do it.

Thanks I'll get some pics up as soon as her pick it up. (its a she cause she screamss)

Edited by NRG71C

Yeah I had the same issue with mine last week when it was above 35 degrees and prior to that I did not have any issue.

There is a spring mechanism on the left hand side of that door which is kinda hard to fix in my opinion. So I took it out and planning to buy some proper (strong enough) magnets to fix it. Apparently you can get them from Jaycar or RS components.

Sounds like one of the tiny plastic tips that act as hinges have broken off. This has happened to me and I had to buy a new centre facia to rectify. Could be possible to repair????

Sounds like one of the tiny plastic tips that act as hinges have broken off. This has happened to me and I had to buy a new centre facia to rectify. Could be possible to repair????

This happened to my car a couple of weeks back also. Hopped into my car after work and the lil door was half hanging off. crappy little plastic hinge....

Edited by technofatigue

Thanks guys, i might just see if i can find a strong magnet and super glue it.

Im so pumped to get it, hopefully tomorrow or thursday at the latest.

I've been wanting one since I saw the add in a car magazine.

I would suggest you to use double sided tape rather than super glue in case it eats in the plastic and in case you are not happy with the outcome you can still take it off if you use double sided tape. You just need to find the right one...one which is not too thick.

mine is also broken, having trouble finding the right materials to fix it.

how much did the new centre facia cost you?