Camry issue

pezzie

ok, this is my first post because i have yet to get a car, but there's an issue with one of my parents cars.

Dads got a gold camry altise 03/04? just recently got it serviced the other day and after driving it for 10 minutes, there was smoke coming out of the engine. dad thought nothing of it and just poured water over it and didnt bother bringing it back to the mechanics, then today he drove it and it happened again, cars now left in the middle of no where. Can anyone assist me on this? The smoke was coming through the bonnet, close to the little black things where the water comes out of xD i know, i suck with my car terminology, if i find out more info i will post, so any help would be appreciated :D

Have a merry christmas and a happy new year everyone!

spilt oil burning?

Im not sure, but hopefully i will go have a look when we go pick up the car. according to my mum, she says the temperature signal thing inside of the car (i think its the water/engine temp?) doesnt change. was also driven in it this morning for.... almost 10 minutes, seemed fine to me. but hopefully we'll figure it out, cant go back to the mechanic since its xmas then the weekend.

well from what my mum has told me, car was burning white smoke at the front of the car near the light indicators, not from where i said previously. I've done a bit of research and it seems like it could possibly be leaking from the radiator? I was searching through the forums and someone else had a leaked radiator. But i havent checked yet since i've been busy with xmas stuff. Thanks to everyone who's helped :)

ok, here's an update. mechanics just called and the engine is gone. apparently there was a leaking waterpump and its just caused too much damage to the engine. now we need to get it replaced. midas are quoting 4000 to change the engine. can anyone guide me to anywhere where we can replace the engine? Im located in melbourne.

I would be ringing up Toyota wreckers and getting prices on a good second hand mtr with some type of warranty they might fit the engine as well for you for a cost.

Get a quote from a mechanics workshop on how much to fit the mtr for you.

As most workshops want to make some coin on the mtr as well as the fitting. It will not be cheap which way you go.

Motto is don't drive a car if steam or smoke is visible until someone with some mech aptitude inspects it

• 2 weeks later...

Toyota have a trade special on this engine at the moment... Complete motor for $2500...

If you know anyone in the trade, kidnap them and their trade card and head to your local dealer :)

Also, where was your car serviced, I'd be hitting them up for damages, if they serviced it and failed to note the leaking water pump then your stuffed motor has them to blame...