iGo 8 Splash Screen

aRuRvaR

• 1 month later...

Heya,

DJ, Seems a lot of the needed terrain, buildings etc etc files are now dead links. Does anyone have them? Yes i have registered on Austech, but it seems all the add on files are gone/removed from the upload sites.

Thanks for the tips too :)

I haven't got the time yet to upload all 150MB or so of terrain files, but in the time it would take me to do such a thing, surely you can search from them online.

Before that Austech site, I used to find all my iG08 stuff by Googling and searching though forums and the like.

Thanks Daryl,

I eventually found them, well a whopping massive file (3.62 G) with all maps, terrains, buildings etc. Linky

Im just trying it now. Its a bloody massive file but you can narrow it down to just the parts your after. Hopefully this version works with my version of iGO.

If posting links to external sources isnt allowed, please tell me and ill delete the link.

• 4 months later...

Good effort there. Unfortunately I still prefer the one made by 'bok' in June 2008. I am still using this one to this date. As a matter of fact, I have even included this splash screen already installed into the appropriate folders in my iGO8 update download available in that thread as well. That way, anyone who downloads it won't need to modify anything. I even included a TRD background for the menus.

Again, thanks Daryl.

I've just pinched your "updated" download for the iGO8 and it is (almost) working perfectly. I don't have a TRD, so would like to change the TRD background for menus. BUT I can't locate the actual file. Would it be possible to steer me towards it, please? I think I know the proceedure to get it back into the unit thanks to this and similar posts.

Also, I have lost the overspeed feature I had on my original card. I've checked the setup numerous times and everything that should be activated appears to be. No sign of overspeed on the screen or audio. Have I buggered something up, or are others experiencing this too?

Apologise for wasting your time with something so trivial.

Cheers Tom

The backgrounds are in the data.zip folder. You need to work your way through it will you get to the 'backgrounds' folder (data.zip\ui_igo8_da\800_480\background). The background itself is actually selected in the UI of the program in the Settings menu.

I can't remember if I uploaded a 'factory settings' version or not, but on mine, the over-speed alert actually is turned on. I set it to alert with a visual indicator (the speedo sign on the screen) with no sound for when you are at 60% of the actual speed limit (ie. it says you are speeding in a 100km/h zone when you are travelling at 60km/h). The reason for this is that the visual warning only shows when the unit is set to tell you that you are speeding. Having it at a lower threshold means that at most speed ranges, the speed limit will always be shown on the screen. Useful for when you didn't see the last speed sign.

That said, it operates like it should and if you turn your audio on, it should do the audio warning as well.

The backgrounds are in the data.zip folder. You need to work your way through it will you get to the 'backgrounds' folder (data.zip\ui_igo8_da\800_480\background). The background itself is actually selected in the UI of the program in the Settings menu.

I can't remember if I uploaded a 'factory settings' version or not, but on mine, the over-speed alert actually is turned on. I set it to alert with a visual indicator (the speedo sign on the screen) with no sound for when you are at 60% of the actual speed limit (ie. it says you are speeding in a 100km/h zone when you are travelling at 60km/h). The reason for this is that the visual warning only shows when the unit is set to tell you that you are speeding. Having it at a lower threshold means that at most speed ranges, the speed limit will always be shown on the screen. Useful for when you didn't see the last speed sign.

That said, it operates like it should and if you turn your audio on, it should do the audio warning as well.

ta - see how I go. Cheers Tom

• 1 year later...
Hi guys,

Thought I'd have a crack at replacing the loading screen for iGo8 with something a little more appropriate for an Aurion.

Disclaimer: not a graphic designer, can just tinker in photoshop a bit.

Here's what I came up with:

loading.png

I've dropped it into mine and think it looks ok, here it is loading up 15 minutes ago (apologies for shaky hands):

loading-incar.png

If you want to add it to yours you'll need this: http://tyrande.odyni...ion/loading.bmp

1. In your IGO8 directory find the data.zip file
  2. Unzip this somewhere (keep a copy of the original for backups)
  3. Copy the loading.bmp file into <where you extracted the file to>\ui_igo8\480_234\ (replace the existing loading.bmp)
  4. Zip the folder back up to data.zip and replace it on your SD card where you found it

If you're using windows XP/Vista too you can just double click the data.zip file, go to ui_igo8 and then 480_234 and drag your new loading.bmp into this file - it should zip it in there for you.

If someone else wants to have a crack at making a nicer one please do! Happy to supply the PSD for my attempt. smile.gif

bok

Sorry to dug this out again but could someone please tell me if this is the logo when you start up the GPS you see?

• 1 month later...