Side steps and other accessories

Kluger Jedi

ok I will get some pics and post them.

Passenger Side:

Great Pics, thanks for that...

Is it possible to get a pic of the actual siide step. The tread pattern, how far it sticks out from the side, how is meets the front mudflap etc.

Thanks in advance!

Passenger Side:

Is it possible to get a pic of the actual siide step. The tread pattern, how far it sticks out from the side, how is meets the front mudflap etc.

Thanks in advance!

Photos of the tread pattern on page 1.

post-19270-127685649527_thumb.jpg

post-19270-127685651182_thumb.jpg

post-19270-127685652637_thumb.jpg

post-19270-127685656153_thumb.jpg

post-19270-127685658417_thumb.jpg

post-19270-127685660131_thumb.jpg

post-19270-127685661762_thumb.jpg

post-19270-12768566343_thumb.jpg

post-19270-127685676906_thumb.jpg

post-19270-127685678375_thumb.jpg

post-19270-127685679855_thumb.jpg

post-19270-127685681492_thumb.jpg

Passenger Side:

Thanks in advance!

Photos of the tread pattern on page 1.

that's awesome mate thanks for all that cheers

Here are some pics:

Driver side

Hi,

I bought some side steps off ebay, they stated 2007-2010 in the listing, but on my 2010Kluger Altitude I cannot work out how they are supposed to fit. I've tried swapping the brackets but still no good. I can't even fine holes that the 6mm nut plates are meant to go into.

Is the 2010 undercarriage arrangement slightly different to 2007-2009?

Have I been duped?

I see on ebay that similar steps say 2007-2009, not 2010.

Any ideas.

Cheers.

Here are some pics:

Driver side

Hi,

I bought some side steps off ebay, they stated 2007-2010 in the listing, but on my 2010Kluger Altitude I cannot work out how they are supposed to fit. I've tried swapping the brackets but still no good. I can't even fine holes that the 6mm nut plates are meant to go into.

Have I been duped?

Any ideas.

Cheers.

No they will fit. My car is a 2010 build as well. You need to cut the plastics out a 90mm x 45mm rectangle as you see in my pics - although the instructions I have told me to cut a 1'1/2 by 1'1/2 square section out of the underside of the wheel arch guard. DO NOT do this as it is not required. There are a series of well plugs under the plastics that need to be pulled out (easy once you see them) then you feed the 6mm plate in and along and it drops and locates in place for the install. Be prepared to loose some skin when sticking your fingers in at acute angles trying to start threads etc.

Edited by djsupersleuth

• 1 month later...

Here are some pics:

Driver side

Hi,

I picked mine up today will be endeavouring to fit them tomorrow well try anyway :unsure:

Have I been duped?

Any ideas.

Cheers.

No they will fit. My car is a 2010 build as well. You need to cut the plastics out a 90mm x 45mm rectangle as you see in my pics - although the instructions I have told me to cut a 1'1/2 by 1'1/2 square section out of the underside of the wheel arch guard. DO NOT do this as it is not required. There are a series of well plugs under the plastics that need to be pulled out (easy once you see them) then you feed the 6mm plate in and along and it drops and locates in place for the install. Be prepared to loose some skin when sticking your fingers in at acute angles trying to start threads etc.

I picked mine up today hope to get them fitted tomorrow see how i go i got the $339 eBay ones

Edited by scotts10kluger

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys:

Hello to everyone. I'm new here. We just purchased our Kluger KX-R last week.

Getting the info from this forum, I bought roof rails from Oznest from ebay. We should receive our delivery soon. Thanks guys for sharing this info!

For the side steps, I couldn't find black side steps though as shown in the photos below. I prefer that original Highlander look (1st photo), but if it's too expensive (incl shipping) or too hard to find, then the 2nd photo would be my next choice. Would you know somebody who sells them here in Australia.

Thanks!

brandsportinc_2116_91130644.jpg

or this

516FaUo4zNL_SS500_.jpg

Here are some pics:

Driver side

Hi,

Have I been duped?

Any ideas.

Cheers.

Guys,

Now that you have had these side steps fitted for a while, how are they performing? Would you still recommend them?

Am looking at http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320570323917&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1036wt_911

I think they are the same as yours djsupersleuth...

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the side steps on my kluger today without any problem, all the instructions are with the side steps but the only trick is to slide 6mm bolt plate from big hole towards the 6mm hole and try to put the screw to it through the side step holding plate.

if any one need any help, let me know I am in Blacktown NSW area

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the side steps on my kluger today without any problem, all the instructions are with the side steps but the only trick is to slide 6mm bolt plate from big hole towards the 6mm hole and try to put the screw to it through the side step holding plate.

Hi Mate,

Can you please assist me in installing the side steps and let me know when you will be available.I work in the Blactown area at Huntingwood.You can emai me at sanford.mendonca@diageo.com or on 0402232608.

Thanks in adavance for your assisstance.

Cheers,

Sanford.

• 3 months later...

Guys,

If anyone is interested, Toyota sells the genuine sidesteps for $860 trade. The cheapest non-trade is a guy off ebay who was charging $1052, but i messaged him and got it down to $890 delivered which is pretty good. I was quoted by Toyota $1500 to supply and fit!! If you buy from Toyota direct, make sure you bargin.

• 1 month later...

So I put the drivers side step on last night, and sheared this small 6mm bolt, stupid I know, (they are only mild steel, I have since replaced them with hi tensile ones from Bomond Trading) it's the only part of these steps that worries me. They fit great,very good tolerances with the bottom of the doors.

I posted elsewhere, that I went out to the Oznest warehouse, and paid cash for both side steps and roof rails, and got a bit of a discount.

I'm very happy, it's made my poverty pack Kluger fit in with his relatives.... :-)

We bought the KXR AWD with rear seat optioned, with which you get the rear A/C controls.

Can you still keep OEM (Toyota) front and rear mudflaps on when fitting a side step; either OEM (Toyota) or aftermarket?

More to the point, front mudflaps...

With the genuine steps yes, the ebay steps probably not. If I remember correctly, the ebay steps protruded slightly, enough to push a mudflap forward.

If your sidesteps are touching your rear mudflaps you're in serious trouble :help: :P

This is correct, the eBay ones do not actually fit perfectly front to rear, they protrude fwd by perhaps 2 cms. Going to give the guy a call about this.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, relatively new to the forum.

I've just taken delivery of my 2012 Kluger KXR and want to put in a pair of aftermarket side steps.

It'd appear there's only one model available on ebay everyone have gone for. So I have a couple of questions,

1. Does it fit with the latest 2012 Kluger model,

2. For those who had them for a while, does it age well? i.e. rust? cracks? etc

Thanks, Eric

• 5 months later...

Hi, helpful post, just wondering what ppl who hav fitted these/ own after market side steps think of these ones? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290681220833?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

strong enough? good looking? possibly easy to fit? also what diameter side steps do ppl recommend, does anybody know what genuine steps diameter is?

cheers