WTB: 17x8 Wheels to fit 7th Gen Celica [GOT]

Mole

Sick of my chrome, heavy, wrong offset, awful wheels. After some 17x8's that look decent and have a offset that'll fit a bit better then these crappy WRX wheels (so around +30-35).

Ideas for where I could get some new are welcome as well, I'll buy from anywhere in AUS, but not overseas (shipping too exxy).

Quite fond of 5 spoke designs. Must be under 8kg. Have decent budget. Not brand fussy.

7th gen Celica has a 5x100 spoke pattern.

Edit: Got wheels, on the way.

Edited by Mole

Try Tempe tyres which do really good prices on wheel and tyre packages. They are over east but have a flate shipping rate of $100 + insurance I'm pretty sure. Ask how heavy they are though as I'm pretty sure most of their range is pretty heavy.

For something in Perth try tek9tyres, from what I've seen they get the more expensive branded stuff though.

P.s. 5 spokes are the beast haha

Edited by Gonzalis

I tried tech9tyres today... they cant get anything in a 17 that'll fit, even 17x7. It was all roses until I mentioned offset. I can go up to 18s and get something that'll fit but I would really like to stick to 17.

Something to ponder.

Anyone else got ideas?

Here are some 5 spoke designs...

Motegi racing traklite 1.0 - based in qld

http://americanracing.com.au/shop/index.ph...products_id=393

Rota Slip stream - probably best to buy off us ebay seller for these, even with shipping they don't cost the earth.

http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=40

KevO is selling this in his thread..

Buddy Club P1 Racing QF (17X8, ET35); Rims only

--

Actually, I think it's the wrong PCD. I think the ZRE Corollas are 5x114.3.. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Kenneth.

Sorry but that offset looks wrong man, look how far in the rear wheels are. All Australian 5x100 wheels are for Imprezzas pretty much... offset too high. Although in black it doesn't look nearly as bad as my hideous chrome offset fail wheels.

I have one lead I'm working on at the moment, hopefully it pays off cause they're nice.

Yep tried them. They had a useful suggestion of trying to find a wheel I could get in a blank and they could drill it for me, which of course opens up a whole heap of possibilities. Prob is, all the wheels you could get in blanks kinda sucked.

I saw those on Saturday, I fkn KNEW they came in +35 the bastards. That said, ew 10 spoke.

I have a couple extra options on the table, I'll be satisfied with 17x7 now so thats opened up a few extra, cheaper options.

Do tell us what you end up getting, as I'm trying to find some 5 spoke wheels that fit nicely too :)

Edited by JT3

FOUND WHEELS!

17x7.5 +40 offset. Offset could be better, but is a LOT better then the 17x7 +47 that's on there now.

I'll tell you what they are when I have them ;) but I will say they are 5 spoke.

Edited by Mole

ARHHRHHH cant get them.

I swear I'm going insane with this wheel business! Why the hell did the Celica have to have a 5x100 stud pattern!

Getting very close to biting the bullet and importing. I wont wheels in time for the track day but at least they'll fit...

ARHHRHHH cant get them.

I swear I'm going insane with this wheel business! Why the hell did the Celica have to have a 5x100 stud pattern!

Getting very close to biting the bullet and importing. I wont wheels in time for the track day but at least they'll fit...

yeah. that's what pisses me off to hey as all the ones i want, i find them in 5x114.3 :angry:

might want to have a look at the 'Carbon'. comes in 17x8

http://www.performancewheels.com.au/alloywheels.asp

ARHHRHHH cant get them.

yeah. that's what pisses me off to hey as all the ones i want, i find them in 5x114.3 :angry:

might want to have a look at the 'Carbon'. comes in 17x8

http://www.performancewheels.com.au/alloywheels.asp

Read this please.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread...ht=offset+guide

• 3 weeks later...

I have a set of custom made Simmons 3-piece wheels, 17 x 8. polished centres, one has some gutter rash that has been repaired. it is obvious, but not horrible. other 3 are excellent. might sell them if price was right. pm me if you are still looking