Window Tint (a QLD must!!)

Well the new Stivo is coming next week and as Usual the scorching Queensland Sun needs to be faught against.

I had the dealership ask me about the tinting that they offer (MING) and I called them up and got some details from them.

I have also called up Tinit-A-Car and got some details from them.

I am keen to go back to Tinit-a-Car as i got my last 2 cars done by them and they have been nothing but flawless.

Ming - $395 lifetime warranty

Tint-a-car (Formaula 1) - $395 25yr warranty

tint-a-car Sister company - $275 25 Yr warranty

What do you guys have on your rides????

Or anyone else I should call up and talk too????

there's a place i go to near cleveland (yes all the way out there from sunnybank) to get my tints done. did my security tints and interiors treatment for about $430. we'll prolly meet up sometime this week if u want so u can have a looksie b4 your delivery.

Did the rounds on the phone this arvo at work and I got a hold of 'Premier Tint'

They are at Rocklea and they said that they do a 65% tint for the corolla and for $295 with lifetime. (usually $395)

I thought that 35% was the darkest leagal tint? and before you ask no its not the heat % reduction or the UV cut out either........if it is 65% thats bloody dark B)

i got my windows tinted 4 months after delivery of my corolla.

when i was researching what i wanted to purchase i did NOT contact any suppliers for pricing on window tinting.

instead i looked to corollas which already had window tinting. i found this was easy to picture what my corolla would look like.

my corolla has dark paint and i did not want extreme dark window tinting. i do not think it looks very good to have dark on dark. i like seeing light paint with extreme dark window tinting.

when i found a corolla on the road with window tinting i liked i asked the driver who did the work for them. i then contacted the supplier to gain more information about their window tinting film.

overall i am happy with my window tinting. when i was researching what i wanted to purchase i was wary of window tinting that was greenish. i was sold darkest legal window tint (vic) and the supplier stated it was 25% (% of light that passes through). the supplier reported that the law was changed from 35% to 25% a year ago.

i have dark paint and beige interior so the window tinting does not look very dark. on a light paint corolla with dark interior window tinting will look very dark!

i understand your front windows must be darkest legal but any rear windows can be window tinted to 5%. i have seen silver paint hatches with 5% on the rear windows and it looks great. the darker you go the harder it is to see at night time and even though you might get used to it, if it is important to have very good vision around you at night i would not go extreme dark.

i think you can have your windscreen tinted but the % is so high that it looks clear. i believe window tinting is cosmetic as factory glass already has UV protection. window tinting can actually make your car hotter.

Just got off the phone with MEPFILMS Australia. They are the Sister Company to Tint-a-Car.

They sent me a sample the other day a really nice Black tint called 'Ultima'

Ultima = $275 LifeTime Warranty

:D :D :D :D

The place that is doing the fitting used to be a Tint-a-Car installer anyway, so they still use same methods etc. They also did my last car and did a GREAT! job.