Paint stripped from a new Rav4

Localhost

Hello all,

I've been lurking on this forum for a while and I now finally joined in after I received my brand new Toyota Rav4.

My Rav4 is a Cruiser Model with Crystal Pearl white body colour.... I've got it 2-3 weeks ago and today I did some thorough wash and noticed a crack paint on the rear right hand side passenger door panel next to the door latch. What disturbed me is it looks like there's no primer at all. It's a large vertical crack (about 2") and some yellowish rusty coloured droppings from inside the crack upon closer inspection a portion of it fell down and to my surprised it is a bare metal body already.

I will definitely report it to the dealer of course and ask for appropriate action. I just posted it here to ask if someone else experience this issue or noticed that their Rav4 paint is a bit low quality. i can't help to compare my Rav4 paint to my Holden Astra which has a very good body paints and rugged body.

Please don't get me wrong as I love to drive this new car.... it just maybe one of those hiccups that someone might experience from time to time.

Hi Again

What would be the best way to contact the dealer about this?.... Should I send them an email with photo attachment first (of the problem), phone them or go and see them directly?.... I'm thinking to go and see them directly so they cannot fabricate any BS answer (just in case).

How big is this job will be?... and what would be involve? Will they need to re-paint the whole car or just the panel?... I'm asking because as I said before I'm a bit disturbed to find out that there's no primer paint on it.

post-17238-1264547395_thumb.jpg

post-17238-1264547407_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply.... I already contact my dealership through phone and he told me to show it to the service centre when I bring my car next week for the first service (1000km). He asked me to send the photo as well....

I'll see how we go with this issue.... I still can't believe that it has no primer paint at all. Now I'm worrying that the whole body has no primer at all.