FS - Behringer VMX200 Mixer

Foss

I'm selling my as new Behringer VMX200 DJ mixer. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Got it in March 07 and was only used maybe a dozen times tops until it was taken out of active duty in about October 07 when I decided to upgrade to a more expensive, feature packet unit.

Never used for gigs. In fact, the only time it has left my bedroom at my old house was 3 months ago when I moved house, and since then its been in the cupboard in my office at my new place.

Still in original packaging, with all manuals, cables, etc.

$90 + shipping.

These are about 18 months old now, before I upgraded.

n1247176330_115829_8813.jpg

n1247176330_115852_2705.jpg

n1247176330_115856_4690.jpg

I'll take some pics of it tonight. It looks the same, mint condition. Infact, it looks better. Less dusty. :D

Heres more pics as just taken tonight. Apologies for poor quality (1.3mp phone camera). Ignore little remote that I just noticed snuck into the photo, its for my X10 system, nothing to do with the mixer.

Comes in original packaging, with all manuals, power cable, plus custom made cotton dust cover.

post-13788-1264942005_thumb.jpg

post-13788-1264942031_thumb.jpg

post-13788-1264942102_thumb.jpg

post-13788-1264942261_thumb.jpg

post-13788-1264942355_thumb.jpg

post-13788-1264942389_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paradigm

These are about 18 months old now, before I upgraded.

n1247176330_115829_8813.jpg

n1247176330_115852_2705.jpg

n1247176330_115856_4690.jpg

I'll take some pics of it tonight. It looks the same, mint condition. Infact, it looks better. Less dusty. :D

hey bro... i would sell the whole set up, behringer faders r useless, they dont last if u wanna learn how to skratch. My bro had one of those mixers 6 yrs ago n it didnt last long... the cross fader crapped itself. Ive got a pretty good set up, ive got Pioneer CDJ-800s, Vestax PMC05, Behringer 4 Channel mixer (got it with my 2 CDJ-800s) and 2 Technics 1210 mkIIs. The 2 American audio cd players r ok, my dad has the same ones and there not bad, but there useless if u want to skratch. Are the stanton decks belt drive or direct drive?

Good luck with the sale.

hey bro... i would sell the whole set up, behringer faders r useless, they dont last if u wanna learn how to skratch. My bro had one of those mixers 6 yrs ago n it didnt last long... the cross fader crapped itself. Ive got a pretty good set up, ive got Pioneer CDJ-800s, Vestax PMC05, Behringer 4 Channel mixer (got it with my 2 CDJ-800s) and 2 Technics 1210 mkIIs. The 2 American audio cd players r ok, my dad has the same ones and there not bad, but there useless if u want to skratch. Are the stanton decks belt drive or direct drive?

Good luck with the sale.

I'd love to sell the whole setup, but I won't bother til I have the cash to shell out for a pair of Technics 1200/1210s, a pair of CDJ1000MK3s and a DJM800. And that won't be for a while yet.

I don't scratch with the CDJs. Hell I don't even like CDJs particularly. They are more a convenience than anything. I'd much rather vinyl. Especially for scratching. My Behringer DDM4000 does well for scratching, too. I've had it since Oct '08, and since I started scratching early last year, I scratch with it every few days (and I play hard trance and hardhouse at between 145 and 160BPM, so I scratch pretty hardcore). It stands up to the sh!tload of abuse it gets. The VMX I'm selling is the 4th one I've used. My cousin has been through 2. First one he had for years until he shattered the crossfader. The abuse he gives his mixers, I'm surprised it lasted that long! He couldn't be stuffed waiting for a new fader from Behringer, so he bought a new mixer. Had that for a couple years, abused like hell. He upgraded to a DDM, but the VMX still goes strong. The other 2 I've used were both mine. The first one had a dry solder since new, so eventually I had it replaced under warranty. Used the second one on and off for about 6 months, then upgraded to a DDM.

The Stanton's are direct drive. Not real torquey, but they do the job. With 520SK needles/carts on them, they still do alright for a scratch deck. I would never touch a belt drive for DJing.

Oh, and for the sake of staying on topic with the sale SOMEBODY BUY MY MIXER! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with the sale.

I'd love to sell the whole setup, but I won't bother til I have the cash to shell out for a pair of Technics 1200/1210s, a pair of CDJ1000MK3s and a DJM800. And that won't be for a while yet.

I don't scratch with the CDJs. Hell I don't even like CDJs particularly. They are more a convenience than anything. I'd much rather vinyl. Especially for scratching. My Behringer DDM4000 does well for scratching, too. I've had it since Oct '08, and since I started scratching early last year, I scratch with it every few days (and I play hard trance and hardhouse at between 145 and 160BPM, so I scratch pretty hardcore). It stands up to the sh!tload of abuse it gets. The VMX I'm selling is the 4th one I've used. My cousin has been through 2. First one he had for years until he shattered the crossfader. The abuse he gives his mixers, I'm surprised it lasted that long! He couldn't be stuffed waiting for a new fader from Behringer, so he bought a new mixer. Had that for a couple years, abused like hell. He upgraded to a DDM, but the VMX still goes strong. The other 2 I've used were both mine. The first one had a dry solder since new, so eventually I had it replaced under warranty. Used the second one on and off for about 6 months, then upgraded to a DDM.

The Stanton's are direct drive. Not real torquey, but they do the job. With 520SK needles/carts on them, they still do alright for a scratch deck. I would never touch a belt drive for DJing.

Oh, and for the sake of staying on topic with the sale SOMEBODY BUY MY MIXER! :D

Sori about the late reply i forgot to check this thread.... I agree wen u say that CD players r more convenient, thats why i got them. I couldnt fit my 2 decks in my car along with my crates of records plus my dj speakers n everything else.. I got serato now, so its even easier to organize my music...

Not a fan of the whole Serato (or any other PC controller) thing. I mean, I get the concept, its the next convenience step along from carrying a box of CDs around. But how far do you go from convenience. The next step is scrapping the whole source setup and just hook a laptop up to a sound system and use Abelton or something, and being a laptop DJ is punishable by death. I can forgive it for these people who just play the latest Top40 and couldn't mix to save their life, but I'm a bit of a traditionalist in that I beleive that a real DJ uses turntables and a mixer (and CD players are just the natural extension from decks).

I don't have any worry about fitting gear in my car. For most gigs where I supply the gear, I have to cart a 4m flat truss and winch-up stands, a few crates of lighting, speakers, amps, my custom bench (see photos), crates of cabling, toolbox, plus all my gear. So I go round to my olds' place and knock off the old man's Hilux or I borrow a mates trailer.

Edited by Paradigm

Not a fan of the whole Serato (or any other PC controller) thing. I mean, I get the concept, its the next convenience step along from carrying a box of CDs around. But how far do you go from convenience. The next step is scrapping the whole source setup and just hook a laptop up to a sound system and use Abelton or something, and being a laptop DJ is punishable by death. I can forgive it for these people who just play the latest Top40 and couldn't mix to save their life, but I'm a bit of a traditionalist in that I beleive that a real DJ uses turntables and a mixer (and CD players are just the natural extension from decks).

I don't have any worry about fitting gear in my car. For most gigs where I supply the gear, I have to cart a 4m flat truss and winch-up stands, a few crates of lighting, speakers, amps, my custom bench (see photos), crates of cabling, toolbox, plus all my gear. So I go round to my olds' place and knock off the old man's Hilux or I borrow a mates trailer.

Well my dads a DJ, my older bros a DJ n im a DJ... So i can use wot eva u through at me, my older bro taught me how to DJ properly wen i was 16 and i havnt stopped since... trust me ive gota whole lot of records. I wasnt a fan of SERATO myself until i got sick of burning CDS n having to write out or print out 1000s of labels and carting all my records n decks around... When i use SERATO, i dont stand there n look at the screen like other djs, i mix everything by ear. My MACBOOK is only there to provide the tunes, its exactly like a CD or VINYL... Plus im a OLD SKOOL DJ i play 80s FUNK,OLD SKOOL,NEW SKOOL,HOUSE n wot eva else u want me to play. Having over 13000 tracks at the touch of a button is VERY VERY CONVENIENT!!! I jammed a YR 10 formal at Rooty Hill RSL, i used my 1210s n i took 6 crates of records.. Man was that HARD WORK carrying all of that up 5 flights of stares... I would neva eva CARRY MY STUFF IN A TRAILER OR UTE!!!! 11 grand is alot of money for DJ GEAR...

Maybe we should start a DJ thread...

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I've listed it on ebay. So on the off chance that you've realised "sh*t, forgot, and I wanted that!" you'll have to bid for it HERE now.

• Join The Club

Join the Toyota Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Latest Postings

1. 0

Typical Price for a Replacement Key - 2000 Toyota Torago

2. 16

FUEL WARNING MESSAGE

3. 1

2002 Hilux Engine Replacement

4. 0

Transmission clunk

5. 16

FUEL WARNING MESSAGE

6. 0