grill removal

wilbur94

The title says it all:

The TOCAU Aurion FAQ: Look here before asking; especially about TRD parts (Updated 11/01/10)

Q) Where do we find the mesh grills (or chrome grills), and eyelids that others here have?

A)
At the moment, the mesh grills (or sports grills as they are called), chrome grills, and eyelids can only be purchased easily from Thailand. So far, the best way to order is to send an email speaking in as clear English as possible that you would like to buy a 'new Camry mesh sports grill' or 'chrome grill' or 'eyelids'. You are best attaching a photo of the product you are after to make it easier from them to understand. The contact information is over at:

You just need to be patient as they don't speak English too well. Once they send you the price and you are happy, they will send their PayPal information (best to mention PayPal as well), then once you pay for it, you should receive it in a week.

As well, the second last thread below shows how to remove the existing grill.

Threads of interest:

(for photos)

(Good pointers on how to remove the grill. Thanks
myztik
for pointing me to this post)

Thanks guys.

Here are some pictures of how I removed the grill.

remove the screws and clips from the top of the grill as the pictures below.

(I am not sure about push type clips becos I removed them long time ago and forgot to put them back before I removed the grill. :P)

21082008308.jpg

21082008310copy.jpg

21082008311copy.jpg

Here are pictures of the bottom part of the grill.

21082008314.jpg

21082008313.jpg

There are some kind of hooks at the bottom part of grill, so...you know what to do when you see it.:P

Thanks djkor I knew about the top screws and the push clip but I didn't know about the bottom part with the hook things I was pulling at it and it didn't want to move or come loose so I posted this up for some help as is it still wasent as easy as I thort at removing the lower part of the grill

thanks

This is why JIN mentioned:

There are some kind of hooks at the bottom part of grill, so...you know what to do when you see it. :P

That's about the best way to explain it. Use a torch and look at the bottom of the grill. It will then be obvious how the bottom clips stick into the bumper.