Aurion eyelids photo thread

AUR30N

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You should probably rename the title so that it says 'eyelids'. That way when someone does a search with the correct name, they can find this thread. Anyways:

IMG_4778.jpg

IMG_4769.jpg

do the headlight covers fit back on

if not ill stick to my headlight covers rather than new lights

unless i colour code the top section of headlight cover B) B) B) B)

6 AM here nate lol

here are mine, were black for a wile now colour coded

ohtw7b.jpg

e0ly6p.jpg

Hey ELEGNT,

colour coded look hot and make it part of the car. love your stlye , when there black un painted they look like there just been stuck on and look out of place and make the car look cheap.

you have done well with ur car keep up the good work and keep pimping your ride up hahaha :D

AUR30N

colour coded look hot and make it part of the car. love your stlye , when there black un painted they look like there just been stuck on and look out of place and make the car look cheap.

AUR30N

Each to their own of course, but just a point here where you are wrong. The black eyelids are not "un painted"

When you buy these they come in a creamy plastic white colour. The black is colour coded to the black on the car. On my car the black needed some gold added in to make it the same as all the other black trim.

AUR30N

Each to their own of course, but just a point here where you are wrong. The black eyelids are not "un painted"

When you buy these they come in a creamy plastic white colour. The black is colour coded to the black on the car. On my car the black needed some gold added in to make it the same as all the other black trim.

Paul sorry mate didn't mean it in bag way just my prefrence and like you said each to there own.

so no harm meant from this post even if it may sound like it.

AUR30N

Paul sorry mate didn't mean it in bag way just my prefrence and like you said each to there own.

so no harm meant from this post even if it may sound like it.

AUR30N

Naaah I wasn't offended, I still think my "blacks" are the best. I just wanted to point out they weren't just unpainted, they are colour coded too.

Both styles look cool I think.

... I still think my "blacks" are the best. I just wanted to point out they weren't just unpainted, they are colour coded too.

Both styles look cool I think.

Don't worry, I'm with you on this one. I spent a good few hours in discussion with several people before painting and attaching my eyelids. I had many people say to make them black and only a few that said to colour code it. Of the few that said to colour code it, they changed their mind once it was attached.

There were 2 primary reasons they all had for why it should be black, bearing in mind that these opinions were based on the Sportivo:

1) It creates symmetry. When you look at the bottom of the Sportivo bumper, you have it split into three 'highlighted' areas. A black trim around the centre radiator opening, and a black trim around each fog light. Then on the top you just have a black section where the grill is (more bold with a mesh grill). By attaching the eyelids and having them black as well, you add a black 'highlight' to each of the headlights. This creates that same three-part layout you have on the lower part of the bumper. It then looks a little more even now.

2) With the eyelids painted body colour, when you take a step back it will partially blend into the bonnet. It isn't as noticeable that there is something unique about the headlights. When they are black, it grabs your attention more and you definitely see it as something unique to the car.

Once again, these are personal opinions and some others see things differently. I also had a third reason and that was because I like the look of black when mixed with red, but that's just me.

Dj colour would probably play big role too as you mentioned. and personal prefrence.

I think Rowan's colour coded look hot on his car and suit it.

Overal on forum from what I have seen Rowan aurion looks the hotest that appeals to me within the oz group.

Rowan - not for long buddy hehehe till me and vfx get our body kits next week :P

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

thanks AUR30N!

and gav i got them done by a mate at geebung that i used to go to school with...and price was a bottle of rum lol

BTW.....colour coded FTW boys haha (just stiring)

29kytja.jpg

• 1 month later...
thanks AUR30N!

and gav i got them done by a mate at geebung that i used to go to school with...and price was a bottle of rum lol

BTW.....colour coded FTW boys haha (just stiring)

29kytja.jpg

Anyone else colour coded there eye lips? or just left them standard black as they came?

personally I think they need a painting to be colour coded

costs $50.00 from panel shop.

AUR30N

Anyone else colour coded there eye lips? or just left them standard black as they came?

Mine have been colour coded to the grill. In other words, despite already being black to start with, I still pained over it again with flat black. I don't know about everyone else, but I reckon mine is better as black.

Photo courtesy of «®olla™»:

eyesp.jpg

I just felt like posting that photo for the fun of it.

Mine have been colour coded to the grill. In other words, despite already being black to start with, I still pained over it again with flat black. I don't know about everyone else, but I reckon mine is better as black.

Photo courtesy of «®olla™»:

eyesp.jpg

I just felt like posting that photo for the fun of it.

at least you painted yours.......... and with your red it suits the car - can i ask is your red diffrent ingres red aurion?

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

If anyone has stuck theirs on without painting them... just one word of warning. DO NOT get any wax on it. Once it gets marked with wax, it will leave a mark on it that doesn't go away. When I first got my grill, I put it on without painting. Two weeks later (after the accident), I waxed my car, slipped a bit and got wax on the grill. Left a smudge on it and it didn't go away. Next day I took the grill off and painted it flat black. Seems to be more resistant to waxing accidents now.

I had already learnt my lesson with the grill, hence why the eyelids were painted.

can i ask is your red diffrent ingres red aurion?

Despite being the same colour code, that is one thing I've noticed with the non-Sportivo Wildfire. On the AT-X and the Prodigy, the Wildfire seems to be an ever so slightly brighter shade of red. I'm not really sure why that is the case though. Same goes for the Wildfire used on the Camry.

If anyone has stuck theirs on without painting them... just one word of warning. DO NOT get any wax on it. Once it gets marked with wax, it will leave a mark on it that doesn't go away. When I first got my grill, I put it on without painting. Two weeks later (after the accident), I waxed my car, slipped a bit and got wax on the grill. Left a smudge on it and it didn't go away. Next day I took the grill off and painted it flat black. Seems to be more resistant to waxing accidents now.

I had already learnt my lesson with the grill, hence why the eyelids were painted.

can i ask is your red diffrent ingres red aurion?

Despite being the same colour code, that is one thing I've noticed with the non-Sportivo Wildfire. On the AT-X and the Prodigy, the Wildfire seems to be a slightly brighter shade of red. I'm not really sure why that is the case though. Same goes for the Wildfire used on the Camry.

hmmm wonder if it's paint batch cause every batch is slighly diffrent....

AUR30N

I don't know. I also noticed the same case with the Caribbean Blue (when it was available), in that the Sportivo's always had a darker shade. May have been the way Toyota prepared the paint for Sportivo. Who knows. It's definitely noticeable when you have an AT-X and a Sportivo parked together. Could just be some trick of the eyes.

I don't know. I also noticed the same case with the Caribbean Blue (when it was available), in that the Sportivo's always had a darker shade. May have been the way Toyota prepared the paint for Sportivo. Who knows. It's definitely noticeable when you have an AT-X and a Sportivo parked together. Could just be some trick of the eyes.

Who knows daryl as you say tricks of the eye's with the sportivo having greater black shade pieces and diffrent curves.

car wash and wax does change shades specially meguires NXT shades your car darker slighly

anyway back on topic anyone colour coded there eye lids :D

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

at least you painted yours.......... and with your red it suits the car - can i ask is your red diffrent ingres red aurion?

AUR30N

Daryl's car colour look much nicer than mine, he takes good care of his car also. i own my car for close to a year now, only went to one car detailing, never wax on my own before (dunno how to, must learn to do it one day, will be soon... hahaha still need to learn the basics of waxing first, anyone in Brisbane care to show me how to do a proper waxing of the car, perhaps we can do it together?? :))..