Aurion eyelids photo thread

AUR30N

Ingres, do you have other pics of your Aurion? I had a look around but I couldn't find anything close up.. I'm keen on having a closer look because your Sig and display pic look intriguing.

"Hidden Taco" what pictures are you after? the eyelids?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ingres, do you have other pics of your Aurion? I had a look around but I couldn't find anything close up.. I'm keen on having a closer look because your Sig and display pic look intriguing.

Nothing specific, but I was interested in the way you did your grill and eyelids.. I was just admiring your pics so far but wanted more. You dont have a 'My Ride' post do you?

Nothing specific, but I was interested in the way you did your grill and eyelids.. I was just admiring your pics so far but wanted more. You dont have a 'My Ride' post do you?

I have pm you, just add me to your facebook and you can see some of the pictures of my car. ingres.yap@gmail.com. Cheers mate.

• 2 months later...

• 11 months later...

just a bit of a grave dig here, but has anyone with eyelids ever thought about heating them up slightly to make them fit the curve of the headlight a bit better? previously with a set of eyelids i had a while back i had problems with the end near the parkers lifting even with good double sided tape and pressure applied.. im thinking this time around to heat it up a bit with the heat gun and "mould" it to the shape of the light before painting and fitting...

thoughts?

Never thought of that. I found an solution that beats tape. Its a Sika adhesive silicon stuff. The old man used to work at a place making caravans. This stuff is what they use to hold them together.

Never thought of that. I found an solution that beats tape. Its a Sika adhesive silicon stuff. The old man used to work at a place making caravans. This stuff is what they use to hold them together.

yeah sika flex would be an ideal solution if you 110% were sure they were going to stay on the headlight for good... as when i used sikaflex to stick the ducktail spoiler on, you have to lay down a layer of black "sikaflex primer" for the skiaflex to bite onto?

Are there any current bulk buy things happening for these? I was looking at the forum earlier where everyone bought in a group but cant find it again... Sorry for the double up!

No group buys happening ATM I don't think. Check out the Buy/Sell section, VF-X was selling off a few sets recently. Should be in the first couple pages.

Well since this is the thread that requests for the photos, and my last ones were on my old car, here are a couple more (taken with an Xperia X10 so excuse the quality):

di-5128783133912.jpg

di-812878313552.jpg

Well since this is the thread that requests for the photos, and my last ones were on my old car, here are a couple more (taken with an Xperia X10 so excuse the quality):

di-5128783133912.jpg

di-812878313552.jpg

nice welcome to the eyelid club again dj :clap:

• 2 years later...