2006 TOYOTA CAMRY ACV40R SPORTIVO head unit

Xav

Hi there. I was thinking of buying a new car and im looking at the 2006 camry sportivo.

My question is: can the head unit be changed? I dont like using factory spec head units and would prefer an aftermarket one and i was curious if this one could be changed or if its intergrated with the rest of the dash

Of course it can be changed. I think in most production cars these days, there is always going to be someone with a fascia kit to make it possible to fit an aftermarket unit.

For the Camry, the stock head unit has a custom fit to it and if you don't want to get an aftermarket unit that replicates this (such as this one) you can simply get a fascia kit for around $30 from Toyota. Part numbers as follows:

Fascia: PZQ60-33030 ($30)

Spacer, Left: 86221-52050 ($16.60 each)

Spacer, Right - 86221-52060 ($16.60 each)

Single DIN pocket: 55521-YA020 20 ($11.70)

Otherwise you can get the fascia from Toyota and get the two spacers for around $20 from JB Hi-Fi.

Even though Daryl has already answered your question I couldn't help but mention something slightly off topic :) I own one of these cars and I couldn't recommend it highly enough, especially the manual! They're a great looking and driving car with plenty of potential (just take a look at some of the Gen 6's on here and you'll see), mine certainly turns heads hehehe :D

thanks very much for the replys. Im thinking of getting a black 06 sportivo model. 19 grand for 75k on the clock isnt too bad.

:)

mmm... black Gen sixes look hot.

Keep us posted...!

• 5 months later...

Of course it can be changed. I think in most production cars these days, there is always going to be someone with a fascia kit to make it possible to fit an aftermarket unit.

For the Camry, the stock head unit has a custom fit to it and if you don't want to get an aftermarket unit that replicates this (such as this one) you can simply get a fascia kit for around $30 from Toyota. Part numbers as follows:

Fascia: PZQ60-33030 ($30)

Spacer, Left: 86221-52050 ($16.60 each)

Spacer, Right - 86221-52060 ($16.60 each)

Single DIN pocket: 55521-YA020 20 ($11.70)

Otherwise you can get the fascia from Toyota and get the two spacers for around $20 from JB Hi-Fi.

Hi

If I fixed an aftermarket HU, how can use tap the steering control to the new HU?

Hi

If I fixed an aftermarket HU, how can use tap the steering control to the new HU?

Depending on the headunit, you can get a steering wheel control adaptor from a Car Audio place. Mine cost me $280 installed about 3 years ago.

Not sure what the prices are like now, the only thing is, when you use the Steering wheel controller with the after market Head Unit, the response is not as quick as the factory unit.

• 1 month later...

Hahah you should have kept it Akuma! To keep reviving an old thread too, Eclipse actually have a good range of head units to suit the Gen 6 (double din at least) and they make the exact fascia surrounding for it so it'll all be flush again - I am not 100% on it but even if you went for another brand as long as the dimensions were pretty much the same the fascia should match. One of the benefits of Toyota still using some Fujitsu Ten stuff and Eclipse being the sister to that :) (think I've got that right!) I've been eyeing off the $1500 eclipse unit for quite some time heheheh

lol, i see at least 300+ camrys / aurions a day. i do miss the camry, but rolling on 2 wheels is more fun :)

Heheh fair enough - you would be pretty over it after that volume every day! The bike would be a lot quicker too lol