High Flow Cat Sportivo

hey sportivo drivers...

this topic has probaly already been discussed before but yea couldnt really find it.. so thought i wud askk

was jus asking all the corolla sportivo drivers..

i have got a 2 1/4" catback on mine with just a cheap high flow exhaust tip which is doin the job fine but was thinkin about changing the cat converter to a high flow one but jus wantd to ask some question to ppl who have already done this..

- is it worth it..?? can u feel a difference.??

- how much have ppl paid for this to b done..?? (i got quoted around 300)

- does anyone know the size of the cat just incase if i wanna get one off ebay jus wanna make sure its the right size..??

thanks guys.!

dont' make much difference unless u always hit high revs what make's the difference is change to a better extractor/header or porting it then a high flow cat is more worth doing the job and a high flow cat is cost around 150 plus fitting depends what brand u getting

im running 2.5" all the way thru with stock cat seems fine, the original cat is actually pretty decent.

u really just gotta look at what u want with 2.25" system hi flow isnt really going to do much. ( esp for $300)

only problem i have with mine is the shape is circular and scrapes on everything so thats prolly the only reason i wld have for changing mine.

I would get one as part of a full system, but 2.25"... I dont think its worth it.

Cypher, grab one of those hi-flo spun metal Magnaflow ones, I got one and its tiny! Not the cheapest tho.

ohhk thanks guys.!

one more thing does anyone have a cannon muffler on there sportivo..?? ive got one on mine and prob done a mistakin gettin it.. does it make a difference in power canon vs sports tip?? my local exhaust shop told me for n/a cars canons are no good there just loud for nothin.. he sed on n/a cars u gota bulid up some back pressure to get power soo a canon is no good cause its a straight thro tip.. he sed for me to go for a sports muffler whihc causes some pressure which then bulids power?? any ideas or thought.??

thanks heaps guys.!

Hes right about the cannon but as for straight through mufflers... depends on the car. 2ZZ's love to breath, so I put a straight through on mine, theres pics in my members ride thread.

Loose the cannon asap!

ohhk thanks guys.!

one more thing does anyone have a cannon muffler on there sportivo..?? ive got one on mine and prob done a mistakin gettin it.. does it make a difference in power canon vs sports tip?? my local exhaust shop told me for n/a cars canons are no good there just loud for nothin.. he sed on n/a cars u gota bulid up some back pressure to get power soo a canon is no good cause its a straight thro tip.. he sed for me to go for a sports muffler whihc causes some pressure which then bulids power?? any ideas or thought.??

thanks heaps guys.!

i had my Fart Cannon on for 1 week,loud and no extra power.Give Trevor a call at CES in Qld he sells Quality Exhaust,CAI and ported headers for our sportivos,proven kw gains ,He will post as well.

oh thanks guys :)

just on more question any one know the size of our stock cat.. i lookin at getting a high flo one and this guy and he has different sizes just want to know does anyone know how big ours is.?? soo i dont stuff up and get the rong size..

thanks

Personally , i think the stock exhaust system is sensational for a factory item the only thing i will change is the muffler , with a Varex item. porting your headers would be f similar cost to a high flow cat.

Ok to summarize this up:

If someone has money to waste, and already has:

-2.5inch cat back

-CAI

-Ported Headers

is it worth getting a high flow cat? or will you lose power down low and only gain top end, will you even notice a difference?

Yes or No as this will be my next step. (sorry to hijack the thread)

Inlet is 70mm

Outlet is 60mm

Measurements are OD

SuperDave just wondering where u got that information from because the guy at the exhaust shop told me its 3" inlet which is about 76mm and 60mm outlet just wana make sure before i buy anything..

Ok to summarize this up:

If someone has money to waste, and already has:

-2.5inch cat back

-CAI

-Ported Headers

is it worth getting a high flow cat? or will you lose power down low and only gain top end, will you even notice a difference?

Yes or No as this will be my next step. (sorry to hijack the thread)

ill let you know im doing my cat tomorw getting a xforce one and ill keep use posted on how it goes if there really is a noticable difference..!

Its a little offtopic, but why do people keep getting Xforce stuff? I know its cheap, but nothing they offer is ADR approved, which as an Australian company is kinda crap. I got a Magnaflow cat and it wasn't that expensive. Its also tiny.

Inlet is 70mm

Outlet is 60mm

Measurements are OD

SuperDave just wondering where u got that information from because the guy at the exhaust shop told me its 3" inlet which is about 76mm and 60mm outlet just wana make sure before i buy anything..

Measure it off of my exhaust.

76mm if measured before it necks down to the section in front of the cat from the manifold.

74mm if measured on the cat itself.

70mm if measured on the pipe leading to the cat.

Thanks Guys for all your help.! :)

i just got my cat put in todai 3" Xforce high flow

and also

removed my 4" Canon (joke) and replaced it with a str8 thro Xforce twin muffler..

the car drives ALOT better sounds more decent without the canon.. and i feel that it goes alot better also more responsive and top end is a tiny bit stronger.! soo yea im happi with wat i got atm doing the job and still impressing me...

thanks again to all.!

off topic (sorry)

next thing gota do CV joints wat a PAIN.!

anyone know any good places around sydney

i got quoted 380 both sides includn sharft all installd.??? ideas anyone

thanks guys

cheers

3" still too big imo, I wouldn't put anything bigger then 2.5" on a NA 2ZZ.

Agreed ..... im running 3" now and thats with my boosted setup ...... i think 3" on an n/a stivo would just kill it ...... also i really couldnt see a high flow cat netting you massive gains either ..... but meh each to their own ......

I did mine th eexpensive way. installed muffler first *twin pipe, not sure what make, would needa find out* This did nothing.

After this I got stainless steel 2.5" to the cat. This didn't do much either, a lil more torque

replaced cat with 2.5" Hi flow cat *again, not sure wot make* and the difference wax extremely noticable with low to mid torque. Didn't notice much more up higher. Just alot damn louder

Still havent replaced extractors yet, but talking with stoitsch in miami qld atm.

expensive...and definately the wrong way to go about it...but I wanted to spend money...and I did notice what each thing did in seperate stages...Basically the whole system was useless until I did the cat

and unless u got f/i 3" is a massive loss of back pressure

Edited by Jeriko

Thanks Guys for all your help.! :)

i just got my cat put in todai 3" Xforce high flow

and also

removed my 4" Canon (joke) and replaced it with a str8 thro Xforce twin muffler..

the car drives ALOT better sounds more decent without the canon.. and i feel that it goes alot better also more responsive and top end is a tiny bit stronger.! soo yea im happi with wat i got atm doing the job and still impressing me...

thanks again to all.!

off topic (sorry)

next thing gota do CV joints wat a PAIN.!

anyone know any good places around sydney

i got quoted 380 both sides includn sharft all installd.??? ideas anyone

thanks guys

cheers

You do know the sportivo comes standard with a very high flowing cat? I would take a stock sportivo cat over an Xforce cheap-o any day.

If you have money to burn and want to go around telling everyone you have a high flow cat then go for it. For the money you will pay you wont see a lick of HP gains and be disappointed to say the least.

Unless you have done major work to your engine etc don't waste your money and buy something usefull like a TRD sticker for the back window.

A lot cheaper for the same amounts of gain.....