Drive by wire problems on Aurion?

Nazza

I knew this was going to happen. When something like this occurs, there are posts everywhere all over the forum talking about it, yet people still don't search. The only issue I have with this is that it just causes all kind of un-necessary panic because there are stories going on everywhere and people start jumping to conclusions.

Seems that Toyota Engineering stuffed up!

International Toyota recalls.

STICKING ACCLERATOR PEDAL RECALL

Toyota Pedal Recall Information

Basically, the Australian Camry and Aurion is safe because we have the Denso pedal.

Taken from "International Toyota recalls.":

I am no engineer, but looking at the metal piece that goes to the back of the pedal.. Is it supposed to limit the pedal being depressed excessively such as flooring it hard?maybe the people who reported the problem are petrol heads
:ninja:

It doesn't actually affect the pedal travel. You need to read the article with a bit more depth to see how it all comes together. Basically the shim is used to reduce friction on the teeth:
2013-800.jpg

The photo above shows the inside of the unit, with the friction arm extending forward. The shim is clearly visible as the shiny gray rectangle. The pivot axles extending out on both sides of the fulcrum/friction arm are visible as two small white/gray pieces, just below and to both sides of the shim. The friction teeth are visible towards the front of the unit, riding (now higher) in their grooves.

CTS-fix-007-8002.jpg

This photo above was taken previously of the same pedal. It’s difficult to tell exactly from the slightly different angles whether the teeth are riding higher with the shim, but it does appear so. And a subjective impression was that the pedal had somewhat less friction. So the fix may well reduce the friction below a dangerous level, but for how long?

I knew this was going to happen. When something like this occurs, there are posts everywhere all over the forum talking about it, yet people still don't search.

Basically, the Australian Camry and Aurion is safe because we have the Denso pedal.

Cool thanks for confirming that Australian models are safe. I hope you are correct.

I'll try to use search first next time, but i thought it was new news, cos the link i posted above is dated 04/02/2010, so i thought the problem became worldwide.