Changing oil confusion!!

MartysAurion

first drain your engine of all it's oil, but leave the old oil filter in place. Next fill it up with flushing oil and run it at a fast idle for about 20 minutes. Finally, drain all this off (and marvel at the crap that comes out with it), replace the oil filter, refill with a good synthetic oil and voila! Clean engine.

Sound basic yeah! well Toyota only provide 1 hose adapter when purchasing your new filter. So after I drain the Oil and put the "old filter" back run it for a while to rid of the excess oil and crap I will need another Hose adapter to flush the 0-20w flushing oil.

As I'm lead to believe the adapter breaks off after first flush? Is this true? if so what a good/stupid idea.

The small plastic drain tube remains perfectly intact after you remove it from the oil filter cap. The whole sideways motion is just so that it comes off easily.

Think about it. If it broke, you would have part of the drain tube stuck inside the filter housing which would be a problem.

Hows the Motec?

The small plastic drain tube remains perfectly intact after you remove it from the oil filter cap. The whole sideways motion is just so that it comes off easily.

Think about it. If it broke, you would have part of the drain tube stuck inside the filter housing which would be a problem.

Hows the Motec?

Thanks mate!!

Pretty good mate. It's taking a bit longer than expected because the electrical workshop got robbed so a bit of a delay.

Can't wait to see/hear about it.

I'm actually that interested that I went to look at Motec to see what's involved in fitting one and I kind of gave up were it goes on about inputs/outputs etc. I would love to do something like this myself, but I don't have that much knowledge on the electronics involved in getting a car like this to run.

there's no way in the world we could do our self. It's going in the glove box mate it's very bulky. the original computer will be totally replaced. my warranty is almost finished so there's really nothing stopping me. However if you are still under warranty CMI will flip out cause there computers will Blue screen of death :P