Rob's '07 Camry Sportivo

ROB219

Wow.. That's a lot of Mods in a month.. Well Done! Car's lookin clean and neat as well. Sweet ride! If you're willing to cut ur bumper and fit in a bigger dual tips, it'll look so much sexier IMO.:P. Not a fan of painted calipers especially to red. :(. Anw, That tail lights is a MUST!!

Very nice mate, lookin real good. I had to order from kings directly myself, took awhile to get the springs like you. How much lower did you drop it?

I noticed you got dual exhaust. first time ive noticed it on a 2007 i4 camry here in australia. can i ask if the other exhaust is just a fake or not?

To be honest I don't know exactly how much it has dropped... I just fitted the supplied springs and that is where it sat. Kings say it is a 30mm drop, But I feel it is a tad more than that. Its not too bad, but I am glad I went back to 225 rubber as there would DEFINITELY have been rubbing issues with the 245's it had on it. Over larger dips I do get the familiar slight scrub at the rear but it is not what I would call bad. Just the top of the tyre touching the inner splash guard.

As for the exhaust, mate its all hooked up. The stock exhaust is split just after the rear axle and goes into 2 x twin tip sports mufflers. It was on the car when I bought it. It not loud... in fact the car is no louder than stock... if anything there is an ever so slight note to it, but if you did not know you wouldn't look for it.

Here is a pic of the underside showing where it splits:

S7309726small.jpg

It seems that the exhaust pipes are a talking point on the car, everyone seems to notice it!

In other news the LED tails are in. I have a very slight issue with the reversing light globe holders... they are a different shape to what comes stock on the Aussie Camry. No big deal, I will try and source some globe holders for them from the USA.

Here is a pic, I will take some car shots very soon.

S7309728small.jpg

The tail lights are looking good.

Are they clear or are they smoked where the LED's are?

I would think that there is a place somewhere in QLD to source those globe holders. Someone on this forum should know.

I think the size or the holder you would be looking for is the 921 which is also known as T15.

P.S. and the rest of the car...looking very good!

Edited by u54mot

The lenses are clear all over. The inner bezels are the different colours. So from behind the only red visible is the reflector parts. I also ordered some high output LED globes for the indicators last week, they should be just about here.

That should look good as there will be no yellow/orange visible through the lights. I have a some load resistors from some tail lights I bought a few years back for my Elantra I had, so I will use those as well.

I cannot be bothered to rip the dash apart to change the flasher!

Thanks for your reply rob. Have you driven a stock camry before without that dual exhaust? I was wondering if you noticed a decrease in acceleration oomph during the lower RPM ranges and gained abit more oomph on the higher RPM ranges

No I haven't... but I cannot imagine that there would be much, if any difference to be honest. The car accelerates very well! And has bags of torque... WAY more torque down low than my WRX.. which has similar gearing to the Camry. I cannot drive at 60km/h in the 'rex in 5th gear.... it labours at 1500 rpm and at that speed I have to use 4th gear. I can with ease in the Camry at the same speed with the same revs, and I can just put the foot down and it moves off.

Edited by ROB219

I think with a lot of people, if it sounds louder it goes faster! :P

Look it may make a slight difference, maybe a few kW but that amount of difference does not transfer to an on road feel. Maybe on a dyno...

^^ Thanks mate!

Here is the latest pics, taken this afternoon. Reverse light issue is all sorted. My local auto parts store had 2 x T10 wedge globe holders on the shelf!! A small mod to make them fit was all that was needed.

S7309729small.jpg

S7309731small.jpg

Thanks Mac!

I started to do another mod yesterday... blackening the headlight bezels. But after removing the headlights I discovered I can't as they are bonded together with grey silicone sealant. Not windscreen sealant and clips like you would usually find. So that put pay to that. If I want black headlights I will have to buy them from OS. :angry:

Good news is I am in the works of changing all the incandescent exterior globes to LED units. Bad thing is I can't change the front guard ones as they are a complete unit and the globes can't be changed. Ridiculous idea Toyota. And equally as stupid is the fact you have to remove the front bumper to change the indicator and parker globes in the headlights.

Now THAT is a money making scheme if ever I have seen one. It even says in the owners manual, if the globes blow to take it to a dealer to have them changed.... I shudder to think how much labour would be involved to swap out a blown globe!!!!!!! Lucky for me I know how to do it, but to the average Joe who is not technically or mechanically savvy, this would be a kick in the guts, or wallet as the case may be.

Edited by ROB219