ZRE Modellista rear skirt

Heya, Well i finally got my exhaust filler panel for the Modellista rear skirt, and fitted them both today...

Hers some pics...

Modellista_rear-up-left.jpg

Modellista_rear-top.jpg

Modellista_rear-up-right.jpg

Modellista_side.jpg

Dont mind the whopping big exhaust hole, ill fill it this week hopefully. Maybe a burnt titanium tip...

Soooo... Im thinking, should i leave the exhaust panel balck, or carbon, or colour code it?... Hmmm... Not sure if the black fits in with the VIP stlying im looking for...

:huh:

Edited by dutchie101

Thanks all :D

Cost was approx rear skirt JPY41,000 + JPY24,000 exhaust panel + Air freight JPY28,000, Ummm.. bloody expensive!! But i also had the front Modellista lip included with that freight...

Worth it tho :)

Edited by dutchie101

just wondering how does it fit? require any drilling or cutting etc?

The skirt is fitted using double sided tape and the wheel well screws and two tiny holes for screws under the rear bar. The exhaust panel is fitted with double sided tape, body clips(screw in type and push in type) and 2 brackets.

Im loving it.

:D

Edited by dutchie101

Thanks all :D

Cost was approx rear skirt JPY41,000 + JPY24,000 exhaust panel + Air freight JPY28,000, Ummm.. bloody expensive!! But i also had the front Modellista lip included with that freight...

Worth it tho :)

Did u say modellista lip??? wot r u doing with it???

:lol: Now, now, dont make fun of Wy :D

Oh god, now i have to make the choice of exhuasts, booked in for Saturday for a stainless custom jobbie.

Ive narrowed it down to three choices, JDM Style Burnt titanium cannon (maybe with resonator behind it), Dual stainless 75mm tips (oval box) and DTM style (oval box).

Arghhh..

Quick and bad PS efforts... oh so nasty but you get the idea...

Very poor angled Burnt titanium (actual cannon is satin titanium, not polished stainless and a very short burn, no where near as long in the burn as this!)

Modellista_rear-u-burnt2.jpg

Dual stainless:

Modellista_rear-up-leftdual.jpg

Or DTM style

Modellista_DTM.jpg

(man im tired tonight, i just looked at the DTM pic and its way over sized! <_< )

Ill also be doing a stock exhaust power run and a "new" exhaust power run on the dyno. I dont wanna go backwards! and i like applying pressure to tradesman! ;) Looking for a bit more power while maintaining low down torque..

How much power are you expecting to get Pete? And how big is your engine (sorry don't know about your things there)?

And now my opinion.

I'd take the first one if it was without a burn. I associate the burn with Kebab Performance -cars.

Second one - slick and stylish. Most stealth option. If I couldn't leave the burn off the first one, I'd take this one.

Third... Sporty. Powerful. Different in a good way. I'd take this one too (depending on my mood and courage level at the moment).

Best regards, Alex

How much power are you expecting to get Pete? And how big is your engine (sorry don't know about your things there)?

The Corolla/Auris here is around 100kW. Dual VVT-I 1.8l. Now i assume that the 100kW is at the flywheel, not the front wheels.

Im not expecting HUGE gains, but i would like around the 5% mark, so maybe 3-6kW difference. The main reason for the dyno is so i dont lose bottom end, and payt for an exhaust thats causing loss of power!

So, looks like everyone is in different minds re exhaust! :) good to see different views, but it doesnt help me :lol:

The dual wall single may be a go'er too .. Im really after more of a VIP look, so either the dual (dual wall) tips or the single (dual wall) may be an option... I still like the Burnt tip, but i think its heading down the JDM path a bit too far... maybe

Edited by dutchie101

• 3 months later...