Aircon deodourising ............. nessesary ???

My aircon smells funny perhaps because I've got it on re-circulate most of the time. A friend advised me to chuck it on fresh air every once in a while except of course for when you have a falcadore in front of you running LPG thus making you suck rotten egg fumes for breakfast, lunch and dinner ....

I did as advised and noticed some improvement. Went to the extend of spraying Glen 20 in the vents close to the engine bay and in the car as well. Help it a little bit more but not much....

Saw an aircon dude. Charges me $60 bucks to deodorize. I needed a refill anyway cause aircon isn't as cold as it use to be anymore. $180 all up i think. Still has that hint of dodgy smell occasionally and was also told that this symptom are common is almost all Toyota aircons which are i think is Denso like most Toyota parts?

Thoughts and necessity? I think i got scamed ... which is most probably true ...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:P :P :P :P :P :P

My aircon smells funny perhaps because I've got it on re-circulate most of the time. A friend advised me to chuck it on fresh air every once in a while except of course for when you have a falcadore in front of you running LPG thus making you suck rotten egg fumes for breakfast, lunch and dinner ....

I did as advised and noticed some improvement. Went to the extend of spraying Glen 20 in the vents close to the engine bay and in the car as well. Help it a little bit more but not much....

Saw an aircon dude. Charges me $60 bucks to deodorize. I needed a refill anyway cause aircon isn't as cold as it use to be anymore. $180 all up i think. Still has that hint of dodgy smell occasionally and was also told that this symptom are common is almost all Toyota aircons which are i think is Denso like most Toyota parts?

Thoughts and necessity? I think i got scamed ... which is most probably true ...

I don't think it's something Toyotas are particularly prone to or anything, but yes aircon deodorising is a genuine thing. Fungus loves to grow in cool, dark and slightly moist areas with access to food (in the form of stuff that collects by having it on recirculate all the time). All that rotting stuff gives the aircon air its fusty character.

It's not a simple matter of spraying some Glen20 into the vents. I don't know all the details, but they do disassemble things in your dash and engine compartment to deodorise.

I sell and air con anti bacterial deodoriser at work. We start your car and run the air con till it gets cold. then we empty the content of the anti bacterial into the fresh air pick up under the windscreen normally. We then let the car run for 3 -5 minutes before we return the car to the customer. All they have to do is run the air con for 15-20 minutes and the job is done.

The smell in your air con is bacteria build up caused by the constant condensation build up then heating and cooling of your ducting system. Our air care is primarily to kill off the bacteria which in turn removes the musty type odour from the air con. It will also help kill of other odours in the car such as smoke smell etc etc.

I sell and air con anti bacterial deodoriser at work. We start your car and run the air con till it gets cold. then we empty the content of the anti bacterial into the fresh air pick up under the windscreen normally. We then let the car run for 3 -5 minutes before we return the car to the customer. All they have to do is run the air con for 15-20 minutes and the job is done.

The smell in your air con is bacteria build up caused by the constant condensation build up then heating and cooling of your ducting system. Our air care is primarily to kill off the bacteria which in turn removes the musty type odour from the air con. It will also help kill of other odours in the car such as smoke smell etc etc.

How much?

Is injector cleaning a scam Guni cause i was going to get it done next week $180 bucks :unsure: