2005 Camry tyre recommendations

arod

Looking for tyre recommendations for my 2005 Camry. I'm after a tyre with good durability and fuel economy and obviously one that is safe.

Ones I'm considering are:

-Dunlop Sport SP300 (original tyre on car)

-Bridgestone E92

-Pirelli P6

If anyone had any thoughts/experiences they wanted to share on these tyres it's be most appreciated

Looking for tyre recommendations for my 2005 Camry. I'm after a tyre with good durability and fuel economy and obviously one that is safe.

Ones I'm considering are:

-Bridgestone E92

-Pirelli P6

If anyone had any thoughts/experiences they wanted to share on these tyres it's be most appreciated

If you were satisfied with the performance and quiet running of the Dunlops then stick with them. When your on a good thing stick to it! You could do a lot worse and I suppose, dependent on price you could possibly do a lot better. I had a look at Pirelli, Bridgestone, Mitchelin and others and as a result of the feedback I got, settled for the Dunlops, they are a nice quiet Tyre and use a sylica compound tread excellent in the wet. I was told that Mitchelin were too soft for front wheel drive cars but I know of many others that swear by them as a super very Quiet Tyre. Reports suggested that America was having heeps of trouble with Perelli at that time and figures suggested that the Dunlops were super quiet.

Goodyear Assurance 205/60/R16 $170

i change it 6 month ago, very good on the wet and wear too.

or Bridgestone ER300

personally, in the camry's tyre size, i'd go for the bridgestone ER300's.

while the dunlop sp 300e's arent bad in dry conditions, they do leave a bit to be desired in the wet.

i had dunlop sp300e's on my car since i bought it in 2007 (with new tyres), and only changed them 2 weeks ago, and its been around 60,000km. they were still looking good with no uneven wear, and still had reasonable grip for the tread depth.

however, now with the er300's on, theres a drastic change in the cars handling and ride quality.

my 2 cents.

Looking for tyre recommendations for my 2005 Camry. I\'m after a tyre with good durability and fuel economy and obviously one that is safe.

Ones I\'m considering are:

-Bridgestone E92

-Pirelli P6

If anyone had any thoughts/experiences they wanted to share on these tyres it\'s be most appreciated

Id say to go for one of the Bridgestone range, either Taranza ER592 or ER300 .

My Camry originally came with Dunlop SP300 tyres which were really good, i got almost 70, 000 Kms out of them. The downside is these tyres are no longer made in Australia. So i wouldnt recommend these tyres any longer, regardless of what the Tyre Centres say.

Edited by Ronnyboy

Beaurepaires in Melbourne have just started an "Easter" sale on tyres Beaurepaires Easter Sale

I've booked myself in for Monday next week for Dunlop LM701's at $115 a tyre , not bad from being quoted $139 a tyre at a Beaurepaires store a month ago.

Thats a pretty good price... I always thought that SP300E were better tyres then LM701's.. If im correct i think you should go for SP300E, according to the catalogue there is only a $4 price difference per pop (205/65/15) otherwise stick to your current choice :)

• 4 weeks later...

5 months ago i put Falken tyres on my 2000 ser2 V6 Camry and the difference compared to the Bridgestone RE92's and Hankook tyres I had previously is dramatic.

It steers truer, feels a lot smoother and runs quieter. Grip is impressive too dry or wet. The overall handling and feel of the car is much more stable and resists tram tracking a lot better.

Been driving for over 40 years and these tyres are clearly the best ever.

Was thinking of trading the old girl in but with the way it drives now i intend getting a few more years out of it.

My tyres would be the same size as your 2005 model I think.. 205/65/15 . I paid $105 each for them through K Mart auto.

Cheers.