ABS & speedo Qs

I bought a 2002 Corolla a few weeks ago & I have a couple of quick questions:

1. How can I tell if my Corolla's fitted with ABS brakes or not? I have a Conquest. I know ABS didn't come standard on this model but the previous owner told me it was fitted with ABS & EBD. Is there something in the engine bay I should be looking for?

2. Were certain Corollas fitted with white speedo dials? Mine is but all the pics I've seen online have been of black speedo dials. The previous owner may have fitted them. Just curious.

3. Where's a good place in Sydney to get cheap 2nd hand Toyota parts? I'd like to get a replacement centre console trim as the mounts on the little cover above the ashtray, just below th AC controls, are broken on mine. One of the mounts on the flip cover near the hand-brake is broken too, so it doesn't open or close properly.

Any help would be great.

I bought a 2002 Corolla a few weeks ago & I have a couple of quick questions:

1. How can I tell if my Corolla's fitted with ABS brakes or not? I have a Conquest. I know ABS didn't come standard on this model but the previous owner told me it was fitted with ABS & EBD. Is there something in the engine bay I should be looking for?

2. Were certain Corollas fitted with white speedo dials? Mine is but all the pics I've seen online have been of black speedo dials. The previous owner may have fitted them. Just curious.

3. Where's a good place in Sydney to get cheap 2nd hand Toyota parts? I'd like to get a replacement centre console trim as the mounts on the little cover above the ashtray, just below th AC controls, are broken on mine. One of the mounts on the flip cover near the hand-brake is broken too, so it doesn't open or close properly.

Any help would be great.

Read owners manual like everyone else.or

When you turn on key, ABS will light up on dash for a few seconds

If you car is fitted with ABS, you would get the ABS self check light come on (and shortly go off) after starting your car. Otherwise, if you look in your engine bay, you would have something that has a fair few pipes coming out of if. It would look similar to what you can see here in the lower left above the washer bottle fillter neck:

dsc05602hn.th.jpg

Don't quote me on this, but as far as I'm aware, the sedan Corolla's are what I remember having the white dials with that EL style backlight at night.

1. what DJKOR said ... I drive a Conquest as well, and don't have ABS

2. unless you have the Levin or Ultima, your speed dash will have the white background EL lighting as standard

example:

Levin/Ultima cluster

LevinCluster3.jpgLevinCluster1.jpg

Ascent/Conquest cluster (poor picture quality taken from my camera phone)

DSC00705-1.jpgDSC00706-1.jpg

3. make use of the forum search feature, otherwise eBay `springs a couple of interesting bits and pieces now and then (pardon the pun)

g'luck and hope this helps out :)

Cheers guys. That was all very helpful.

I'll check it out tomorrow but methinks the previous owner was having me on about the ABS brakes being fitted to the car because I definitely haven't noticed the ABS light come on at start up & I don't remember seeing an ABS sender unit near the wiper water refill bottle.