2002 preface echo faster then 2005 facelift echo?

Lift yo'

Hey,

The other day i was driving my mates 2002 echo which had done 158,XXX kms on the clock. immediately i could feel the difference in power between his car and my Gf's 2005 echo Rush.

My mates echo is faster in acceleration compared to my missus. My missus echo has only done 68,000kms on her car.

I just wanted to know if there were any differences in the ecu between the 2 models?

note; my missus echo is up to date with logbook servicing all with genuine oem fluids and parts..

Any info will be appreciated

Andrew,

Hey,

The other day i was driving my mates 2002 echo which had done 158,XXX kms on the clock. immediately i could feel the difference in power between his car and my Gf's 2005 echo Rush.

My mates echo is faster in acceleration compared to my missus. My missus echo has only done 68,000kms on her car.

I just wanted to know if there were any differences in the ecu between the 2 models?

note; my missus echo is up to date with logbook servicing all with genuine oem fluids and parts..

Andrew,

Hmm, unless your mates 2002 Echo is a Sportivo model with a 1.5L then there should be no difference between your mates and your gf's Echos'. Both have the same 63kW 1.3L 2NZ-FE. The Sportivo has the 80kW 1.5L 1NZ-FE.

Hmm.. odd, has your mate done any sort of mods to his?

Hey,

Andrew,

Hmm, unless your mates 2002 Echo is a Sportivo model with a 1.5L then there should be no difference between your mates and your gf's Echos'. Both have the same 63kW 1.3L 2NZ-FE. The Sportivo has the 80kW 1.5L 1NZ-FE.

Hmm.. odd, has your mate done any sort of mods to his?

hey,

im sure its not a sportivo model. No alloys and no body kit. its a basic echo with hub caps lol. He has no mods on it whats soever.

This is why im curious.

According to Redbook.com.au, comparing the 2002 Echo 1.3L 3dr Manual with the 2005 Echo Rush 1.3L 3dr Manual, there is a 5kg difference between the two, gross vehicle mass. BUT, it's the 2005 Rush that weighs 5kg less.. is your mates one a manual and your missus' an auto?

perhaps it's the ultra rare jdm model

you can tell if it' JDM as it has a badge that looks like lightening on the grill

different tyres?

whitestivo

his echo is Aus delivered. bought it from Noble toyota brand new.

Mates echo has 4 Sumitomo Jap tyres, and misses oem bridgestone fronts and falken rears.

According to Redbook.com.au, comparing the 2002 Echo 1.3L 3dr Manual with the 2005 Echo Rush 1.3L 3dr Manual, there is a 5kg difference between the two, gross vehicle mass. BUT, it's the 2005 Rush that weighs 5kg less.. is your mates one a manual and your missus' an auto?

They're both auto 1.3 hatches.

do you think alloys in the Rush play a big difference in acceleration? alloys v's hubies lol

2005 Echo Rush 3dr Auto - 1390KG

2002 Echo 3dr Auto - 1380KG

I think there's your answer, in the automatic Echo's the Rush is 10KG heavier than the standard Echo. I guess 10KG really makes a noticeable difference in terms of acceleration. :)

Revised gear ratios between models?

Tyre pressures?

Suspension changes?

Random luck that the engine tolerances are in his favour creating a touch more go? Much like how Azza's stock Sportivo had 117kW on the same dyno everyone else would get 108kW.

Toyota lieing about the figures?

• 2 weeks later...

2005 Echo Rush 3dr Auto - 1390KG

2002 Echo 3dr Auto - 1380KG

I think there's your answer, in the automatic Echo's the Rush is 10KG heavier than the standard Echo. I guess 10KG really makes a noticeable difference in terms of acceleration. :)

Those figures aren't kerb weight figures.

A dirty maf sensor will dull performance greatly and could be the difference being felt.

• 3 months later...

Oh silly me, lols.

Well in that case, the '05 Echo Rush is 15kg lighter than the '02 Echo - 850kg vs 865kg.

Not forgetting the Rush has full electrics / more speakers compared to the base early model echo's which are fairly blandly optioned.

Dont see with more features that the Rush would be lighter ?