Just noticed Toyota's new Display Audio System with USB

snewton

Hello

We have just placed an order for a new Kluger KXS. Very excited. Today I noticed on the toyota website a Display Audio System with USB. It appears to be an upgrade option for Prado and RAV4 but at the minute it is not appearing on the Kluger option list. It would be perfect for us instead of the 6 stacker bluetooth unit that comes with the KXS. Does anyone know more about this. Should I be able to get it in our new Kluger?

Look forward to your help. I must also say this forum helped me a lot during our buying process. Thanks everyone. :)

http://www.toyota.com.au/accessories/audio-navigation/audio

Snewton

It still has those hard to turn tiny buttons and a very small screen.

Depending on how much it costs, I would still consider for the Fly Audio unit - it matches the interior design of the Kluger and has all the same and many more features.

Kind regards

Hado

Snewton

It still has those hard to turn tiny buttons and a very small screen.

Depending on how much it costs, I would still consider for the Fly Audio unit - it matches the interior design of the Kluger and has all the same and many more features.

Kind regards

Hado

Hi,

How do you find the flyaudio's lcd in day driving? Most of the touch screen units I have seen really struggle with reflections and washout even in moderate sun.

Have seen a couple of units in other cars which cope much better, but without the flyaudio's features.

cheers

Thanks Hado

I have been watching the progress of your new system. It looks great.

What I was hoping was that I would be able to get the Toyota Display audio system in the Kluger instead of the the one that comes with the KXS. I wonder what my chances would be if I was to ask the dealer to swap the units over? I have a funny feeling that this may be the system in the facelift model that is coming out in June/July or even in the Altitude that is due out in April. I would be really bugged if it comes in these upcomming models as standard and I can't get it in mine that was ordered a few days ago.

Hi,

How do you find the flyaudio's lcd in day driving? Most of the touch screen units I have seen really struggle with reflections and washout even in moderate sun.

Have seen a couple of units in other cars which cope much better, but without the flyaudio's features.

cheers

Wilsact

I haven't noticed it washing out much - so maybe that is a good thing. The screen has a satin finish and doesn't reflect much either. The contrast and the on screen graphics interface are well designed.

I'm sure it would in direct sunlight, but that doesn't seem to happen that often or if it does not for long.

The screen brightness can be adjusted for night and 3 levels in the daytime.

Remembering you don't look at your radio/ipod player much when you are using it while driving.

Even when using the GPS - you tend to listen to the voice instructions or warnings - although I do glance at the GPS speed indicator which I have set to be on the bottom right of the screen nearest the driver occasionally.

I notice it the most at night because even on the night setting - which comes on when you turn on the headlights - it is still as bright as the trip computer screen. You definitely need to use the night version maps or darker map colours at night.

Kind regards

Hado

Edited by Hado

No go on the other stereo system. They will exchange the unit for $850. So that means they take the one out of the KXS and replace with the toyota audio display unit and I pay them $850 just so I can have a USB!!.

Has anybody connected an Ipod usb adapter to the unit in the KXS. Does it have a spare spot at the back of the headunit where one can be connected??

No go on the other stereo system. They will exchange the unit for $850. So that means they take the one out of the KXS and replace with the toyota audio display unit and I pay them $850 just so I can have a USB!!.

Has anybody connected an Ipod usb adapter to the unit in the KXS. Does it have a spare spot at the back of the headunit where one can be connected??

Snewton

I ran my N95 phone as a mp3 player through the font Aux jack using a simple double ended connector - it worked fine.

Hado

Checkout ebay, have seen these being listed regularly. Go at anywhere from $250-500 brand new. (people removing to add satnavs)

Edited by wilsact