TRD Short Shifter

Hey Guys,

Just wondering, I recently purchased a TRD SS second hand, although I kinda feel a little ripped off as its pretty much close to if not exactly the same size as the stock short shifter?

Isn't there supposed to be a significant difference between the size of the two? or did I just get ripped off and got sold the stock on in the TRD boxing? I'm kinda a little frustrated about this <_<

The part number for it is 33530-ZE200, its supposed to be for a ZZE123R, can someone help, I'm rather a bit p#ssed off.

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Just wondering, I recently purchased a TRD SS second hand, although I kinda feel a little ripped off as its pretty much close to if not exactly the same size as the stock short shifter?

Isn't there supposed to be a significant difference between the size of the two? or did I just get ripped off and got sold the stock on in the TRD boxing? I'm kinda a little frustrated about this <_<

The part number for it is 33530-ZE200, its supposed to be for a ZZE123R, can someone help, I'm rather a bit p#ssed off.

Thanks

Hey dude,

The TRD Quick Shifter is less than an inch shorter than stock. Everything else is the same with exceptions to the 2 metal clips on the top of the cradle. I disliked the design as the holes for metal base bushings was not a snug fit for the stock screws which you need to use.

So I bought the TWM short shifter, cradle bushings, gear knob and cable bushings, which i recently installed. The reduced height of the stick is very significant before installation compared to the TRD QS.

The attached pic is from the below link: (TRD QS is the one upside down)

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11407

Hey Guys,

Thanks

The TRD shifter works differently because it reduces throw and not so much height. If you want height reduction get the TWM Performance one.

Yeah I looked over it, installed it for a bit and still didn't find it to my liking.

Might end up getting the TWM one instead, for those interested in a TRD one, check the sales forum

Thanks for your help guys

The TRD shifter is a "Short Throw" shifter, not s sik-bro "Short" shifter.

The length of the lever below the pivot point is longer to shorten the shifter throw.

The TRD shifter is a "Short Throw" shifter, not s sik-bro "Short" shifter.

The length of the lever below the pivot point is longer to shorten the shifter throw.

Yeah that was the only difference I knew about it when I was installing it, but at the end of the day it is my car, and if I want a TWM one instead, I guess I can opt out and get myself one of them instead right...?

• 2 weeks later...

If your positive this will fit our rollas, then ill buy one now. If only the explained how short it makes it.

Well the TWM shifter is made for the US market Corolla and that fits our model too. I know cause I have the TWM one.

If you want you could always message them.