Toyota needs to change its boring interior design

Does anyone agree with me that Toyota has very boring and non creative interior design?

Why boring.

- always grey, dark grey, color dashbooh, I would like to see Red and Blue and even leather software color dashboard

- speedometer always two sticks, one color fits all. Toyota should introduce few different colors like Mazda and Honda, creative dashboard

- why can't we have home leather sofa, a wide range of color, beige, red, yellow, light brown seats, why we always has dark, grey and black seats.

- assuming I am single no kids, I don't worry about the dirty on the car seat

- why can I have concept car interior design to the production car

- when you try Citreon, you will have the European feeling

- the only contact with car for drive is the steering and the paddles. Why toyota makes a skinny sterring? alway 3 or 4 spoke steering.

I have been driving three generation of Camry, I won't drive the next generation Camry if it continues to be so boring.

Toyota needs to put more design language in the interior design. A good example is Mazda2,3,6, the cheif designer put so much design language to the car. Looks Mazda and Hyundai are the one do well in GFC, Mazda 3 overtake Toyotal Corolla in sales volume.

OK, this is gonna come off pretty blunt.

Its quite simple really. If you don't like the car, don't buy it. If you want a car that looks like a Mazda, then buy a Mazda. If you want an exciting car, don't buy a Camry. Or an Aurion. Or a Corolla. They were never meant to be exciting cars. But then, go buy something thats meant to be exciting like a WRX STi, or a Lancer Evo, and see how long it is before you miss the interior of your trusty ol' Camry.

Also, leather is expensive. Leather gear is expensive. It would cost a lot of money to offer a whole bunch of different colored leather options. And a decent leather lounge will cost you upwards of a 4 or 5 grand. You really wanna pay that for a car seat? I know I don't!

[/rant]

Does anyone agree with me that Toyota has very boring and non creative interior design?

OK, this is gonna come off pretty blunt.

Its quite simple really. If you don't like the car, don't buy it.

This has answered your Q. Apart from the finance issue, it's the culture. Lots of people like Toyota for what they are. It's price for value. Sure you can have things a lot better, but at what price? Some people are old-fashioned and like Toyota for what they are. 'Boring' is a statement, not a fact. There's always a % of people making such statement, but they are definitely not a concern for Toyota. Even after the major recall in U.S, Toyota still has the trust from the people there and high-sales.

IMO, I like the interior. It gets better through evry generation.

Why boring.

- always grey, dark grey, color dashbooh, I would like to see Red and Blue and even leather software color dashboard

- speedometer always two sticks, one color fits all. Toyota should introduce few different colors like Mazda and Honda, creative dashboard

- why can't we have home leather sofa, a wide range of color, beige, red, yellow, light brown seats, why we always has dark, grey and black seats.

- the only contact with car for drive is the steering and the paddles. Why toyota makes a skinny sterring? alway 3 or 4 spoke steering.

I have been driving three generation of Camry, I won't drive the next generation Camry if it continues to be so boring.

Toyota needs to put more design language in the interior design. A good example is Mazda2,3,6, the cheif designer put so much design language to the car. Looks Mazda and Hyundai are the one do well in GFC, Mazda 3 overtake Toyotal Corolla in sales volume.

1. I do agree with the grey part. I've noticed that Toyota like to use the grey, which I'm kind of sick of and way too old school. The grey has not changed from the early 90's Toyota's.

2. I think in the Optitron speedos on the Aurions look very nice in real life. I haven't seen any speedo with the car in the same range as the Aurion and have a speedo as good looking at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2007_Toyota_Aurion_Prodigy_08.jpg

3. And lastly, the steering wheel. Yes the steering wheel in the new cars ARE too thin. I drove my friends 02 Camry Sportivo and it has a thick steering on it and I like it. I had to put a leather(that matches my Prodigy interior of course) on my steering because it just did not feel right.

Why boring.

1. I do agree with the grey part. I've noticed that Toyota like to use the grey, which I'm kind of sick of and way too old school. The grey has not changed from the early 90's Toyota's.

2. I think in the Optitron speedos on the Aurions look very nice in real life. I haven't seen any speedo with the car in the same range as the Aurion and have a speedo as good looking at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2007_Toyota_Aurion_Prodigy_08.jpg

3. And lastly, the steering wheel. Yes the steering wheel in the new cars ARE too thin. I drove my friends 02 Camry Sportivo and it has a thick steering on it and I like it. I had to put a leather(that matches my Prodigy interior of course) on my steering because it just did not feel right.