Removing Bird Poo using XPack

Just a few days, and the bird poo leaves scar on the paint protection. I thought the paint protection will protect from bird poo, but it is not,.

In XPack, they have a paint spot bottle, and a high gloss bottle.. The instruction there is not very clear. Could someone else teach me how to remove bird poo scar on top of paint protection surface, my car is just 2 months ago.

I am not sure whether I should bring this to warranty, since they told me the paint protection will protect from bird poo, but it is not...

So you cleaned the bird poo off as soon as you noticed it???

I would go back to the dealer and get them to explain the product, its performance and upkeep

But you do know that the Paint protection is not what it claims itself to be!

Take to the dealer and ask for a full run down so you have confidence in the product(sic)

Yeah it sucks I gave plenty of them on my roof :( I'm interested how this X pack will work. Where did u get it ben?

edit: nvm i know what it is now... protects it from bird droppings but doesn't fix the bubbling inthe paint caused by them

if the bird dropping etching isn't deep try scratch X?

Edited by Kenshin X

X pack is a dealer after market paint protection and like 99.99% on the market it is a money making gimmick. the only thing that will protect your car from damage fro bird poo etc etc is a roof on your garage lol.

I get it all the time at work with people coming in and saying "i want no wax as I have paint protection on my car". I think to myself suckers as they forked aout a fortune for a polish/wax that I could do for $60. BMW charges $2600 for paint and leather protection so my customers tell me which is a crime as if the leather gets dirty you take the car back to BMW and they clean it for you otherwise it voids your warranty. Yes they charge you for the clean which is crazy and as far as the paint protection goes it ain't much better.

Best protection for your paint is don't park under a tree park out in the sun. Yeah you might get some fading occur but if you kep the polishing and wax up to it you will have far far less damage in the long run than having bird and bat poo eating away at your paint's surface.

My tip is the start of each weather season do a clay bar, polish then seal it with a wax and your car will stay looking sensational for a long time.....

• 6 months later...

Just a few days, and the bird poo leaves scar on the paint protection. I thought the paint protection will protect from bird poo, but it is not,.

In XPack, they have a paint spot bottle, and a high gloss bottle.. The instruction there is not very clear. Could someone else teach me how to remove bird poo scar on top of paint protection surface, my car is just 2 months ago.

I am not sure whether I should bring this to warranty, since they told me the paint protection will protect from bird poo, but it is not...

You have a lifetime warranty.... use it. that's what it is there for. The paint protection in the Xpacki is liquid glass with titanium dioxide in it. "self cleaning properties" i would only ever buy the xpack and never use wax or those other paint protections.

• 5 months later...

X pack is a dealer after market paint protection and like 99.99% on the market it is a money making gimmick. the only thing that will protect your car from damage fro bird poo etc etc is a roof on your garage lol.

I get it all the time at work with people coming in and saying "i want no wax as I have paint protection on my car". I think to myself suckers as they forked aout a fortune for a polish/wax that I could do for $60. BMW charges $2600 for paint and leather protection so my customers tell me which is a crime as if the leather gets dirty you take the car back to BMW and they clean it for you otherwise it voids your warranty. Yes they charge you for the clean which is crazy and as far as the paint protection goes it ain't much better.

Best protection for your paint is don't park under a tree park out in the sun. Yeah you might get some fading occur but if you kep the polishing and wax up to it you will have far far less damage in the long run than having bird and bat poo eating away at your paint's surface.

My tip is the start of each weather season do a clay bar, polish then seal it with a wax and your car will stay looking sensational for a long time.....

Well, I have had this protection pack applied to my car and i paid $2550 for it. I can see the difference!

every 2 yeas i turn my cars over and my last one didnt have it on there and it was so hard to keep clean.. i found that when i washed it after driving on the highway the only thing that would get the bugs off my paint was a heavy truck de greaser and that truck degreaser fadded my paint!

now with the xpack i can wash my car at the car wash and they come right off, and they dont leave those annoying marks on the front any more!!

look i dont know about you guys but the stuff came with a life time warranty, if it doesnt work than it wouldnt come with a life time warranty they would be broke now!!

if you are having troubles than take it back thats why you have the warranty.. or call motorone in sydney they are the company that warrants it..

:)

my car looks and feels amazing and its been 2 years latter..

• 1 year later...

Well, I have had this protection pack applied to my car and i paid $2550 for it. I can see the difference!

every 2 yeas i turn my cars over and my last one didnt have it on there and it was so hard to keep clean.. i found that when i washed it after driving on the highway the only thing that would get the bugs off my paint was a heavy truck de greaser and that truck degreaser fadded my paint!

now with the xpack i can wash my car at the car wash and they come right off, and they dont leave those annoying marks on the front any more!!

look i dont know about you guys but the stuff came with a life time warranty, if it doesnt work than it wouldnt come with a life time warranty they would be broke now!!

if you are having troubles than take it back thats why you have the warranty.. or call motorone in sydney they are the company that warrants it..

smile.gif

my car looks and feels amazing and its been 2 years latter..

Totally agree with you on this one (even though I'm a year late!). I've also had great experiences with these types of products, I've always disliked spending too much time washing/waxing/polishing my car and with xpack all it takes is a quick easy wash and its as shiny as new.

I think with the bird poo comment, what we have hear is a misunderstanding of the product. I was told that the product protects against bird poo if you wash it off asap. If you leave it on too long the poo will corrode the paint and there is nothing they can do (bird poo is sooo corrosive it will eat through pretty much anything if it has the time). Best thing to do is wash it off asap and then use a xpack spot cleaner – I got mine in a reward pack the dealership gave me when purchasing the product.

But yeah I guess any problems its always best to call the supplier as mentioned in the above email, I'me sure they will be more then happy to assist.