245/55R19 Tyre needed

sa1ntc

Hi,

New Kluger driver and loving the car.

Unfortunately, I blew a tyre after hitting a kerb hard (long story) and now I have to replace it. While searching on the internet, I just learned a couple of things: My 245/55R19 tyre is quite rare, I only found Bridgestone tyres in that size. They are f%ing expensive.

Does anyone know where I can get them cheap, like around $200-300?

C

Welcome to the world of expensive tires. It's one of those things that can be easily overlooked when you get a car.

If you aren't in an immediate hurry, you should try searching for online tire/wheel shops that deliver. If you ring around, you can usually find some good deals. For example, decent tires (not like cheap Nangkangs or anything like that) for my Aurion start from $430 per corner if bought in store around here. St. George Tyres on the other hand can offer some good tires for just under $300 per corner. All I have to do is pay a small shipping charge and wait for delivery.

So it always helps to shop around.

Hi,

New Kluger driver and loving the car.

Unfortunately, I blew a tyre after hitting a kerb hard (long story) and now I have to replace it. While searching on the internet, I just learned a couple of things: My 245/55R19 tyre is quite rare, I only found Bridgestone tyres in that size. They are f%ing expensive.

Does anyone know where I can get them cheap, like around $200-300?

C

Check a few of the other threads within this forum, there are quite a lot of discussions about tyres, replacing the standard issue and other options available. Toyo seemed to be a popular alternative of the same size.

You may want to consider removing one of your other Bridgestone tyres and buying two new tyres of different manufacture, same diemnsions etc... this would give you two Bridgestones spares to rotate.

Thanks for all the replies.

I did see the ebay item unfortunately budget constraints are preventing me from making the big 4 tyre purchase.

The cheapest I got so far, was $395.

I emailed St George Tyres for a quote, hopefully it's good news. I'm in Sydney so it should be convenient to pick up.

I found out today about Toyo OPHT P245/55R19 103S. I got one quote for $385.

I would prefer to change all Tyres to something more common but then again, there's that budget issue. Also noticed that the front wheels were getting worn out too quick for my liking so I guess it had to be changed sooner or later. I was hoping the tyres would last a few more months before replacing but this caught me off guard. 1 Kluger Tyre is worth four tyres of my Corolla!

I did read a few of the threads with the Tyre subject, but they were early last year and I was hoping times have changed - They did not!

C

I did see the ebay item unfortunately budget constraints are preventing me from making the big 4 tyre purchase.

I emailed St George Tyres for a quote, hopefully it's good news. I'm in Sydney so it should be convenient to pick up.

I would prefer to change all Tyres to something more common but then again, there's that budget issue. Also noticed that the front wheels were getting worn out too quick for my liking so I guess it had to be changed sooner or later. I was hoping the tyres would last a few more months before replacing but this caught me off guard. 1 Kluger Tyre is worth four tyres of my Corolla!

I did read a few of the threads with the Tyre subject, but they were early last year and I was hoping times have changed - They did not!

C

Hi I'm Ryanocer. Did you not read my thread on bridgestone tyres for sale posted a few weeks ago. I have a set of new bridgestones that haven't even done 800 kms I just took them off my brand new Kluger recently. I'm sure if you contact me I can help you with a decent price I'm just trying to get some money for them. The only problem I've got is that I'm in W.A. Look for my thread that I posted.

C

Hi I'm Ryanocer. Did you not read my thread on bridgestone tyres for sale posted a few weeks ago. I have a set of new bridgestones that haven't even done 800 kms I just took them off my brand new Kluger recently. I'm sure if you contact me I can help you with a decent price I'm just trying to get some money for them. The only problem I've got is that I'm in W.A. Look for my thread that I posted.

Thanks Ryanocer but at this time I cannot buy all 4/5 tyres. Tempting though.

another lesson here, when we all go to change tyres, maybe keep a good 1 of the tyres being changed as a spare in your garage incase this exact situation happens to you...even though its worn, lets say, as long as it aint quite illegal, it will be a good spare to hang onto as it is rare...

• 1 month later...

If you live in SA, try this item 320532972502

its set of 4 rims and tyres for $1500, so works out to be cheaper than buying 4 tyres alone new(and you can then resell rims...?)

Im always on the lookout for tyres....my new set has already been feathering on the outside fronts...what a waste of wheel alignment. makes no difference

rears are up to 48k's and still got another 20k possibly!

FYI for anyone looking. Payless tires gave me the Bridgestone Dueler 400 for $350. Cheapest I found.

http://www.paylesstyres.com/

Probably palatable if replacing just the one tyre ... as in your case.

In my case, I had to replace a set of tyres worn out at 38,000km ... and keep best of the 'bad bunch' as the spare. No way I was going to get another 4 x Bridgestone D400's .... which incidentally ranked 59th out of 60 in its class in a US online customer review/survey - see here

Preferring to retain the OEM rims, I reluctantly parted with $380 per tyre for 4 x Toyo Open Country's. I do hope these last longer than the Bridgestones!

.... and you can then resell rims...?

Which rims do you believe could be resold? Not the Kluger rims, I trust ... with all the tyre issues for the 19" rim, who's gonna buy these?

I guess the smart move would be to replace rims and tyres immediately after Kluger purchase, and then store the OEM rims/tyres in your garage until time to sell Kluger ... and then put the mint condition OEM rims & tyres back on, and separately resell the aftermarket rims & tyres.

Aaagh ... why didn't I think of that 18 months ago?