Replace Stock Headlights Of Aurion 08

Good day,

My Aurion Headlights (Not high beam or Fog Lights) are burnt out and I need to replace them with another set (Not HID, one that doesn't require any rewiring or changes of any type). I've asked the Toyota dealer here but they gave me an estimate of more than 200$ which I think is a lot.

Is there any good quality replacement other than that of the dealer?? (please excuse my ignorance in this issue)

What bulb type is the one that comes on the standard Aurion 2008 model?

What colour temperature should I look for which is closest to stock? (6000K/8000K/10,000K/12,000K)

Appreciate any help on the same

Best Regards,

F.A.N

post-9662-12711879427_thumb.jpg

The headlights are H11. If you aren't getting HID's, then you won't be referring to things like colour temperature ect as this term is only used properly for HID's. If you have the money and want something bright, have a shop around for OSRAM Nightbreakers. These have been said to give a fairly good light output in a stock bulb layout.

$200.oo per light sounds a bit better than what has been quoted on here before? or am i just imagining that?

also consider philips crystal vision h11, had good experience with those in my fogs... i ran philips power2nite h11 in my low beams before i went to HID and they were pretty good too..

The headlights are H11. If you aren't getting HID's, then you won't be referring to things like colour temperature ect as this term is only used properly for HID's. If you have the money and want something bright, have a shop around for OSRAM Nightbreakers. These have been said to give a fairly good light output in a stock bulb layout.

Thanks DJKOR for the advice, appreciate it a lot!

I believe the vehicle in question is a Presara? And from what i gather it's just the bulbs that needs replacing? Then you'll have to purchase the D4S bulbs, which are about $50 a pair on ebay. But if your vehicle is an '08, it should be replaced under warranty.

$200.oo per light sounds a bit better than what has been quoted on here before? or am i just imagining that?

also consider philips crystal vision h11, had good experience with those in my fogs... i ran philips power2nite h11 in my low beams before i went to HID and they were pretty good too..

Yes Davo, 220 to be exact for the pair!!! Thanks a lot for your advice.

I believe the vehicle in question is a Presara? And from what i gather it's just the bulbs that needs replacing? Then you'll have to purchase the D4S bulbs, which are about $50 a pair on ebay. But if your vehicle is an '08, it should be replaced under warranty.

Very good point there mate. Man I am really not paying attention these days. Completely didn't look at the attached photo to see that the headlight washers were on the bumper. I guess it is an Aurion Grande (as it is known there in the Middle East).

So for the OP, I guess what has been said here by u54mot would be the case. They are a D4S bulb which as said, can be found on eBay. I'm not sure if warranty would cover it considering they didn't last all that long, but if they weren't able to cover it, then buying them online is the way to go. I would aim to get 4300k-5000k to get optimum brightness and closest match to the stock HID colour temperature. Otherwise, if you can't get that, 5000k-6000k should still be fine.

-DAvo

Posted Today, 11:58 AM

Mate your absolutely right prices for the Sportivo's and TRD vehicles are as follows :) RRP incl GST

Unit, Headlamp,LH - 81170-06351 $545.60

Unit, Headlamp,RH - 81130-06351 $545.60

Bulb (For Headlamp,No.2) 90981-13075 $52.60 -- That's the Low beam and Fog lamp Globe so of course making it an H11

• 1 year later...

I bought the Night Breaker following recommendations on the forum.

A few months ago I compared it with my colleague's Aurion.

Face-lift OEM vs OSRAM Night Breaker Plus

osrame.jpg

Don't know whats changes were made at face-lift. Don't know if colour of the cars can have a local effect on white balance on the camera. But it seems OEM is closer to blue white then the OSRAM.