AUTO Headlights

ope126

Hi All,

As per page 166 of the owners manual.

Has anyone been able to retro-fit this into there KX-S?

It appears that we have the Headlight Control Sensor already mounted on top of the dash (centre), below the windscreen.

Although we do not have the headlight stalk / switch mechanism.

Could it be a simple plug and play and swap over the headlight stalk / switch mechanism?

Or could it be more complicated and require a new wiring loom etc?

Happy to discuss...

The Switch Assembly Part No: TO-8414042070 with AUTO Function.

I have confirmed that the KX-S has the Light Sensor on the dash, it should be a simple plug and play.

The Grande and KX-S share the same body control module (except for the Smart Access / Start feature)

Both have the Light Sensor in the middle of the dash...

Will keep you up to date...

The Switch Assembly Part No: TO-8414042070 with AUTO Function. I have confirmed that the KX-S has the Light Sensor on the dash, it should be a simple plug and play. The Grande and KX-S share the same body control module (except for the Smart Access / Start feature) Both have the Light Sensor in the middle of the dash... Will keep you up to date...

Any ideas where this would fit in the Kluger?

Do you think it will require steering wheel removal or perhaps under the dash someplace?

or is that part of your "will keep you up to date?" ;)

Edited by whofan

The Switch Assembly Part No: TO-8414042070 with AUTO Function. I have confirmed that the KX-S has the Light Sensor on the dash, it should be a simple plug and play. The Grande and KX-S share the same body control module (except for the Smart Access / Start feature) Both have the Light Sensor in the middle of the dash... Will keep you up to date...

Any ideas where this would fit in the Kluger?

Do you think it will require steering wheel removal or perhaps under the dash someplace?

or is that part of your "will keep you up to date?" ;)

It is just a new indicator stalk / switch assembly.

It just has a rotation to enable AUTO, just like turning your lights on / off or turning your Fogs on / off.

No aftermarket switch or anything messy like that.

OEM parts only, as per Grande...

<br />The Switch Assembly Part No: TO-8414042070 with AUTO Function.<br /><br />I have confirmed that the KX-S has the Light Sensor on the dash, it should be a simple plug and play.<br /><br />The Grande and KX-S share the same body control module (except for the Smart Access / Start feature)<br />Both have the Light Sensor in the middle of the dash...<br /><br />Will keep you up to date...<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Any chance you've got a quote for the cost of part and installation by a dealer?

Yes I realise I am capable of doing this myself, just thought I'd check as you may have already done this :-)

<br />The Switch Assembly Part No: TO-8414042070 with AUTO Function.<br /><br />I have confirmed that the KX-S has the Light Sensor on the dash, it should be a simple plug and play.<br /><br />The Grande and KX-S share the same body control module (except for the Smart Access / Start feature)<br />Both have the Light Sensor in the middle of the dash...<br /><br />Will keep you up to date...<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Any chance you've got a quote for the cost of part and installation by a dealer?

Yes I realise I am capable of doing this myself, just thought I'd check as you may have already done this :-)

Whofan, not done yet mate.

Will let you know...

Will be taking to dealer though, as the new switch needs to be programmed.

• 2 weeks later...

Car booked in at Toyota tomorrow.

I will let you all know if this works! Fingers / Toes crossed...

Ok, so it doesn't work!!!

$200 down the drain...

Plus the dealership sctratched my steering wheel controls (A/C / Disp) on the right hand side.

But they deney any wrong doing! needless to say I am not impressed...

(Considering that this was the area that they were working on...)

Car booked in at Toyota tomorrow.

I will let you all know if this works! Fingers / Toes crossed...

Ok, so it doesn't work!!!

$200 down the drain...

Plus the dealership sctratched my steering wheel controls (A/C / Disp) on the right hand side.

But they deney any wrong doing! needless to say I am not impressed...

(Considering that this was the area that they were working on...)

Bugger on a few different levels! ohmy.gif

You would think the dealership would be able to give you a degree of confidence in this working before the install, were they shy?

It's sad to think that the dealership would damage your car and then deny everything, what do we have to do to keep our cars safe, take photos of everything before we take it in for a service? What ever happened to old fashioned honesty and making good on your mistake, sheesh!

Edited by whofan

Sucks to hear mate. But realistically, if it were that easy, it would make you wonder why they didn't fit it in the first place.

Maybe you better finish the job and sus the wiring out and see if you can make it work.

Sucks to hear mate. But realistically, if it were that easy, it would make you wonder why they didn't fit it in the first place.

Maybe you better finish the job and sus the wiring out and see if you can make it work.

Yeah, will have to source a wiring diagram for the Kluger somewhere.

I have the Camry Workshop manuals from my old Camry, however would love to get my hands on the Kluger Workshop manual...

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so this is now back on the agenda!!!

I have myself a Kluger (Highlander) Repair / Workshop Manual.

Looks like I should be able to do this, will keep you all up to date!

• 2 weeks later...

Got the trigger wire from the switch to the BCM (Body Control Module), however I have now found that although we have a Light Sensor on KX-S's. It is not functional and only has the positive and negative going to the BCM. It is missing a trigger wire also.

Problem is trying to get a trigger wire from the Light Sensor to the BCM.

I don't feel like taking the entire dash pad off...