Corolla speaker wattage

I want to get a new double din Eonon DVD player head unit for my 2003 Toyota Corolla Seca Ascent and I'm unsure about one thing... the head unit has an output of 4x65W. SO that's 65 watts for each of the 4 channels... no problem there...

But... I don't know that the wattage of my Corollas speakers are. All I can find from the net are that they're 6.5" in size and that's it. I don't want to get new speakers cause the factory ones sound so decent and it would be a waste to get rid of them. Seriously, my father's new 2010 Honda Civic VTi's speakers don't sound as good as these ones... they lack bass and treble, yet the Corolla which is 7 years older has better sound quality. Go figure.

So what I want to know, is how many watts is each speaker in my Corolla?

Thanks.

Most stock speakers are rated at around 10-15W RMS. The head unit you are looking at is advertising its amplifier power in terms of peak power. The actual RMS power output would probably be more around 1/4 to 1/3 of that value at the most.

• 3 months later...

I was at the car audio place (again) and they said I must change to new speakers. Equating to like a grand in total or something close... I simply can't afford that on my current wage.

The store said that as soon as the new Eonon head unit is installed, all the speakers would explode. They think I'm stupid haha.

Bye bye store... Stevo shall do his own head unit install. My dash is in bits right now. I've managed to remove the head unit to locate the wiring loom. I just need an ISO harness now and it should be all good. :)

Let'ssee if the speakers really do explode O.o

LOL speakers will explode haha.

Plenty of good value for money speakers out there too! Last value for money set i used was Jaycar's kevlar range. Alot of jaycar's equipment get good reviews and if you count the price, they sometimes come out best. Wouldn't hurt to run a small amp though.

LOL speakers will explode haha.

Plenty of good value for money speakers out there too! Last value for money set i used was Jaycar's kevlar range. Alot of jaycar's equipment get good reviews and if you count the price, they sometimes come out best. Wouldn't hurt to run a small amp though.

Serious...? O.o

Will they even explode if I set the volume to say level 1? I thought speakers only exploded when you cranked them up real hard? Cause a mate of mine is running the Eonon G2210A head unit DVD player GPS thing in his '97 land cruiser on the stockie speakers without an issue?

• 4 weeks later...

I actually have another question now... still with audio though. Will those headunits in the zre152r corolla fit in the zze that I have? I saw some guy on eBay with a Sportivo zze and he had a zre152r headunit installed!

i'd prefer the zre152 headunits as they have an AUX input, bluetooth and also MP3 playback... and I can actually get my hands on these units!

I actually have another question now... still with audio though. Will those headunits in the zre152r corolla fit in the zze that I have? I saw some guy on eBay with a Sportivo zze and he had a zre152r headunit installed!

i'd prefer the zre152 headunits as they have an AUX input, bluetooth and also MP3 playback... and I can actually get my hands on these units!

Yes ZRE152 headunit will fit. And are you talking about Guni? :P

Peter.

Yes ZRE152 headunit will fit. And are you talking about Guni? :P

Peter.

YES! That's the one I saw on eBay. :D