02 Camry Sportivo factory speakers

Wellsie

Heys guys

What speakers do the 02 Camry Sportivos have in them, are they all 6X9? (front and rear)

Cheers, Wellsie

Yeah, they are 6x9's all round with the front having the Tweeters as well.

If you are going to replace them, make sure you choose some decent speakers because the factory ones are surprisingly good.

I'm pretty cash strapped at the moment after buying a pioneer head unit, so I will be listening to the factory speakers for a while before I go out and buy new ones. Are the tweeters hard to get to?

I'm pretty cash strapped at the moment after buying a pioneer head unit, so I will be listening to the factory speakers for a while before I go out and buy new ones. Are the tweeters hard to get to?

Not at all. At the very front of the dash on either side there are speaker covers that pop right off (gentle use of a flathead screwdriver will do).

From memory, 2 bolts with a 10mm spanner is what keeps them in place.

• 2 weeks later...

As andrew said, the stock speakers are quite good.

I'm currently running an amp to those speakers, nothing crazy just a max 150w to each channel.

But I'm only running it with a high pass (cutting out the lower frequencies which the amp takes care of)

The clarity in it is really good. And if you are just running off the head unit, i'm not sure if there will be a HUGE difference if you get aftermarket speakers for the front.

I'd suggest just save up for an amp and sub AND the speakers and get everything installed at the same time, would save you some money...

But hey, it is up to you what you do.

From the looks of the speaker grills with a light, the stock sportivo speakers aren't the cheapy paper type.

I agree that the stock speakers are pretty good.

I replaced the speakers in my sportivo with Pioneer's and to be honest, I actually didn't notice the difference so it was a bit of a waste of money.

Unless youre going to redo the whole sound system, with a good quality headunit, amps, subbies, speakers, etc. I wouldn't worry about the speakers alone.

I replaced the speakers in my sportivo with Pioneer's and to be honest, I actually didn't notice the difference so it was a bit of a waste of money.

Hahaha, happened to me as well.

My first try was worse than the original, my second try a touch better than original, my third try about a notch up from the original. Will listen to my dad this time and follow all his advice :blink:

Well I might just buy a 4 channel amp plug it all up with my pioneer head unit and see how the speakers go, if they are all right would definitely save me some moolah. Thanks for the replies.

Cheers, Wellsie

• 3 weeks later...