NEW MOTOR

:)

Shu ppls,

haven been around 4 a while so heres the sitch, i own a 96 paseo and being a mechanic and all i was always trying to make my go go faster and harder untill one nice sunday afternoon with the mrs,my crankshaft decided it was to good for the condrods and threw one of them out, hahahhahahhaha

Now in a time like this theres only 2 things 2 do, 1.insurance job 2. get a new motor

u will all be happy to know i chose option 2, so anyhow i went out with a big smile on my face and bought a starlet gt motor (4e-fte), ive also picked up some goodies along the way,(front mount, hks BOV, hks boost controller and turbo timer)

you all might be interested to know that the car has been converted to a 2 seater in order to make way for a big sound set up, and i was particularly interested to know if anyone would be interested in some sort of cruise were we could all share ideas and tips for our much loved cars, and also to thrash some wrx`s just for fun, if anyone is interested please reply back so i can organise something.

and if anyone has any tips on my coversion could they please tell me also so i dont get any nice little suprises on my way to building my first sort of performance car.

kindest regards

Anthony, AKA Sop11e

:)

Shu ppls,

haven been around 4 a while so heres the sitch, i own a 96 paseo and being a mechanic and all i was always trying to make my go go faster and harder untill one nice sunday afternoon with the mrs,my crankshaft decided it was to good for the condrods and threw one of them out, hahahhahahhaha

Now in a time like this theres only 2 things 2 do, 1.insurance job 2. get a new motor

u will all be happy to know i chose option 2, so anyhow i went out with a big smile on my face and bought a starlet gt motor (4e-fte), ive also picked up some goodies along the way,(front mount, hks BOV, hks boost controller and turbo timer)

you all might be interested to know that the car has been converted to a 2 seater in order to make way for a big sound set up, and i was particularly interested to know if anyone would be interested in some sort of cruise were we could all share ideas and tips for our much loved cars, and also to thrash some wrx`s just for fun, if anyone is interested please reply back so i can organise something.

and if anyone has any tips on my coversion could they please tell me also so i dont get any nice little suprises on my way to building my first sort of performance car.

kindest regards

Anthony, AKA Sop11e

Anthony...AWESOME!!!!!

I'll get one of my new guys at work to get into contact with you as he has done many of these conversions before as he is in the starlet club....

whats yer email addy????

Craig

http://www.austarletclub.com/forum/ plenty of these guys have done the conversion ;)

If your mechanically minded then its all a straight drop in ;) even if going from auto - manual conversion everything is a straight drop in and lines up. The only thing that has to be modified is the trottle, due to starlets being open/close.

Add this chap to your MSN also

rosscoe1@optushome.com.au

he will be able to answer any of your questions ;)

theres a couple of guys on the austarlet forums that have done Paseo/GT conversions, and also quite a few that have done Starlet n/a to Turbo conversions. it is a very straight forward conversion. being a 5E motor to start with, the 4EFTE Turbo motor should physically bolt in. with only a few minor mods might need to be made being throttle cable and possibly wiring for the TPS as the turbo is open/close the n/a is positional TPS. maybe intercooler piping, although if you choose to keep the topmount then all you need is a scoop in the bonnet.

only other thing to look for is the wiring loom for the engine sensors. theres a big chance that the 4EFTE ECU will plug in the standard 5E loom.

i have done the conversion on a Toyota Corsa that originally had a 3E motor, earlier single cam version of the 5E, and was pretty straight up, even so far as converting my automatic to a manual setup and all the manual shifter, pedal box etx all bolted into factory provided mounting holes. i had to do a few more mods in the engine wiring loom as my loom was totally different for the 3E, but the 5E to 4EFTE loom should be pretty close.

Hey guys thanks for all your support,

my e-mail is jaspa54@hotmail.com

u wouldnt believe what happened today, after pulling my dash out and got all the wiring ready my engine crane blew it seal so things have been delayed till 2morow when the new crane arrives :D

if anyone wants a 5e-fe motor with a damaged crank and a not so good gear box with a new exedy single plate clutch on it, please contact me through jaspa54@hotmail.com and we can organise

if anyone wants a 5e-fe motor with a damaged crank and a not so good gear box with a new exedy single plate clutch on it, please contact me through jaspa54@hotmail.com and we can organise

i am interested if you split the engine

i need 1 conrod :)

i would probly get the whole motor off you, except freight to brisbane is probly more than its worth :(

• 11 months later...

just out of curiosity, how much would a conversion to a 4efte turbo cost all up. Rough final price for the engine, additional parts, and labour. Is it hard to find a mechanic to do this type of mod (im in WA).

James