Technical Question

dixie

Hi Guys,

Just recently, I installed a HID Conversion Kit to the high beams, of my Aurion Presara. The set up is only the 35 Watt, 4300k system and it appears to work o'k.

The problem is, I have noticed that since the installation, my front and rear park sensors, no longer work and my toyota link light, when I am out and about, is now a contant "red" instead of the "green", it used to be. The link up works, but the light is different.

My question is..........could the installation of the 35watt ballasts and the xenon globes into my existing wiring loop, be causing this problem?

The only thing I did to the car, was disconnect the negative battery terminal, instal the HID kit and reconnect the battery!!!

Any suggestions guys?

Regards...............dixie.

Edited by dixie

Hi Guys,

Just recently, I installed a HID Conversion Kit to the high beams, of my Aurion Presara. The set up is only the 35 Watt, 4300k system and it appears to work o'k.

The problem is, I have noticed that since the installation, my front and rear park sensors, no longer work and my toyota link light, when I am out and about, is now a contant "red" instead of the "green", it used to be. The link up works, but the light is different.

My question is..........could the installation of the 35watt ballasts and the xenon globes into my existing wiring loop, be causing this problem?

The only thing I did to the car, was disconnect the negative battery terminal, instal the HID kit and reconnect the battery!!!

Any suggestions guys?

O'k I can now answer my own post. Stupid me didn't realize, that there is an on/off switch for the parking sensors, in the Presara and possibly in other Aurions. I must have pushed it to the off position, when cleaning the dash....now fixed. Also the steady red light in my Toyota Link, is a crappy backup battery, which doesn't happen very often in a new car, but can happen.

Also I noticed a flickering in my HID's and after fitting a Canbus conversion kit, to my existing ballast, all is now working perfectly. These Presara's have no many electronics/alarms installed, it's mind bogling.

All good for now, until the next component stuffs up.

Regards..............Dixie. :rolleyes:

Hi Guys,

Any suggestions guys?

O'k I can now answer my own post. Stupid me didn't realize, that there is an on/off switch for the parking sensors, in the Presara and possibly in other Aurions. I must have pushed it to the off position, when cleaning the dash....now fixed. Also the steady red light in my Toyota Link, is a crappy backup battery, which doesn't happen very often in a new car, but can happen.

Also I noticed a flickering in my HID's and after fitting a Canbus conversion kit, to my existing ballast, all is now working perfectly. These Presara's have no many electronics/alarms installed, it's mind bogling.

All good for now, until the next component stuffs up.

Regards..............Dixie. :rolleyes:

:lol:

This happened to me once. Parking sensors didn't work and I serviced it to Toyota. LOL!

And what does the Canbus conversion kit does? It fixes flickering HIDs? o.O

CANBUS is a distributed logic/control system (which reduces the load on the ECU as it allows components to talk to each other directly without the need for the ECU to act as a host controller). This means that along with general power transmission there is a lot of data traffic flowing all around the car, which probably generates noise in the system and causes the HIDs to flicker - normal halogen/incandescent bulbs are probably not as sensitive to fluctuations or are slower to react to it so they don't flicker visibly.

My guess is the conversion kit acts as a filter to clean up the power signal to the lights, thus stopping the flicker.

CANBUS is a distributed logic/control system (which reduces the load on the ECU as it allows components to talk to each other directly without the need for the ECU to act as a host controller). This means that along with general power transmission there is a lot of data traffic flowing all around the car, which probably generates noise in the system and causes the HIDs to flicker - normal halogen/incandescent bulbs are probably not as sensitive to fluctuations or are slower to react to it so they don't flicker visibly.

My guess is the conversion kit acts as a filter to clean up the power signal to the lights, thus stopping the flicker.

Your spot on the money! :clap:

This happened to me once. Parking sensors didn't work and I serviced it to Toyota. LOL!

Sorry, am I missing something ? what do they do ?

Regards,

BH

Updated: Well, looking at the subject talking about HID, my head was thinking about lights, lights, lights ...

Edited by BanHien