Aurion Presara

Hi, I thought I would join the forum as I am currently looking for a Aurion Presara and thought this would be a good place to receive some pointers on what to look for, that is of course if there any any known issues with them? I'm looking at the 2007 model and am interested if there was much improvement with the 2008 model?

Hi and welcome..

There's no improvement at 2008 model. What u meant is probably the latest 2009 model, the facelift one. There are of course different in cosmetics and modern features. But in terms of performance, it's exactly the same. Dpending on ur budget, u might wanna look at TRD as options too. It has supercharge.. :D

Hi and welcome..

There's no improvement at 2008 model. What u meant is probably the latest 2009 model, the facelift one. There are of course different in cosmetics and modern features. But in terms of performance, it's exactly the same. Dpending on ur budget, u might wanna look at TRD as options too. It has supercharge.. :D

Thanks, for the good info, another thing I forgot to ask is how the built in GPS is updated?

Since the OEM GPS Navigation uses DVD, I'd say you have to go Toyota and buy the DVD.. I wouldn't bother updating with a new one, my current is sufficient.

Another option you wanna look at, is buying sportivo, with no options. You can add here and there with after-market options. You should read the TOCAU Aurion FAQ created for new-comers in regard to modding their Aurion. It covers the major discussions we've had..

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19545

Update DVD costs around $250.00, not very cheap!

Yes.. But I never had any case where I couldnt find things on my GPS.

I checked Redbook and it appears the only diff between the 2006 and 2009 Presara is a MP3 input socket and a Sub Woofer, think I will just go for the 2008 model as it is generally $3000 to $4000 cheaper than the 2009 model and would still have a few months of the 3 year warranty left

• 4 months later...

After a few months with my new Presara I can now add something for purchasers to look out for. Check the drivers pillar for any slight water stain and also check the drivers side carpet if it has been raining, if there is staining on the pillar and the carpet is wet, odds on you have a disconnected plug from the sun/moon roof drain tube. This is a know problem that Toyota fixed for me free of charge (after the end of the 3 year warranty) but if you notice it just ensure you have it fixed as part of the purchase