Camry Hybrid Luxury - iPod integration

loryans

Heya, I picked up my Camry Hybrid yesterday from the dealer and it is pretty much optioned up (it was replacing my 2002 Lexus GS300 that the wife wrote off a fortnight ago).

I got a 'Toyota Genuine' iPod integration kit fitted by the dealer as I have the satnav system and wanted the iPod information to display on the screen while I drive.

The information does display, however not while driving. While driving all I can see is the folder number & track number. If I bury into the audio menu then I'll see the playlist and title of the track, then I can go further and see all the information on one page.

Unfortunately for me what I'm familiar with (and needing given the amount of time I spend in the car and my love for music) is to display the track information on the main satnav screen (my Lexus did this with an after-market kit I hand installed about 3 years ago).

Does anyone have any ideas for where I can look?

Given the model is so new I'm struggling to find information about iPod integration, let alone specifics about track display!

Oh did I mention that I love the car as well? My challenge is to see what speeds & distances I can do without engaging the engine. The wife has managed to do 50km/h on battery alone. :-)

Heya, I picked up my Camry Hybrid yesterday from the dealer and it is pretty much optioned up (it was replacing my 2002 Lexus GS300 that the wife wrote off a fortnight ago).

I got a 'Toyota Genuine' iPod integration kit fitted by the dealer as I have the satnav system and wanted the iPod information to display on the screen while I drive.

The information does display, however not while driving. While driving all I can see is the folder number & track number. If I bury into the audio menu then I'll see the playlist and title of the track, then I can go further and see all the information on one page.

Unfortunately for me what I'm familiar with (and needing given the amount of time I spend in the car and my love for music) is to display the track information on the main satnav screen (my Lexus did this with an after-market kit I hand installed about 3 years ago).

Does anyone have any ideas for where I can look?

Given the model is so new I'm struggling to find information about iPod integration, let alone specifics about track display!

Oh did I mention that I love the car as well? My challenge is to see what speeds & distances I can do without engaging the engine. The wife has managed to do 50km/h on battery alone. :-)

By the sounds of it, your "toyota genuine" kit is very similar to the Soniq ipod adapter I got for my Aurion factory Satnav. I also could only get it to display track information same as you. I think it's the best you can get with the factory GPS.

I opted to get rid of the factory GPS, and am currently waiting on an aftermarket replacement GPS from a seller here in Brisbane - however since you have a Hybrid I'm assuming it has that cool power-flow display feature which you would lose if you went aftermarket.

tough decision I'm afraid.

Welcome to the forums.

Toyota Australia do not make available any 'genuine' iPod integration kit for any Toyota, other than the simple kit that plugs in the lighter socket, plugs into the bottom of the iPod and plugs into the AUX jack (obviously audio only). So whatever you've had fitted is aftermarket. Is the connection USB or iPod?

I'm about to fit a VAISTech MultimediaLinq VML to the wife's Hybrid Camry. That way she can plug in a USB stick or her iPhone to listen to tunes. And it shows everything on the display as required. The "Folder List" virtual button does grey out when the vehicle is in motion (when playing MP3 CDs), so I don't know yet whether the VML box will stop that from happening.

The VML box also kills off the "I Agree" on the satnav screen when first starting too.

Edited by pinzvidz

Welcome to the forums.

Toyota Australia do not make available any 'genuine' iPod integration kit for any Toyota, other than the simple kit that plugs in the lighter socket, plugs into the bottom of the iPod and plugs into the AUX jack (obviously audio only). So whatever you've had fitted is aftermarket. Is the connection USB or iPod?

I'm about to fit a VAISTech MultimediaLinq VML to the wife's Hybrid Camry. That way she can plug in a USB stick or her iPhone to listen to tunes. And it shows everything on the display as required. The "Folder List" virtual button does grey out when the vehicle is in motion (when playing MP3 CDs), so I don't know yet whether the VML box will stop that from happening.

The VML box also kills off the "I Agree" on the satnav screen when first starting too.

I wanted those features on my factory satnav, but the dealer told me they didn't stock it because it wasn't fully compatible with our Australian units so I had to go for the basic Ipod only adaptor.

Although it's too late (factory satnav sold), I'd be very interested in seeing how this usb/ipod etc adaptor works out.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I had a HiLink ipod integration fitted to my previous ZR6 Aurion tht I got from Autovision in Sydney (1300 883 738)which plugged straight into the back of the factory unit and enabled me to have full ipod control through the head unit and steering wheel controls. It was around the $200 mark from memory.

I have just sold this car and bought a new Camry Hybrid Luxury with factory sat nav option and have today found out through HiTv in North Sydney that the same unit from my Aurion is compatabile with the factory sat nav. I installed it myself this afternoon and it works perfectly. It charges the ipod and allows full integration through the head unit and steering wheel controls.

Now all I have to do is find out how to get the head unit to play dvd's through the head unit.