4A pistons

Hi guys

I'm looking into using some pistons from a 4A engine in a non Toyota engine (you'l never guess) and I need to find some dimensions, so if anyone happens to know the dimensions or have a piston lying around could someone please tell me the crown hight from the centre of the gudgeon pin, the diameter of the gudgeon pin and the maximum width and thickness of the little end please?

I'm looking at using 4A-C or 4A-FE pistons, I don't know of there's any difference between the different 4A pistons? (apart from the the 4A-ZE pistons obviously)

Thanks

Hayden

Edited by sideways

Hi guys

I'm looking into using some pistons from a 4A engine in a non Toyota engine (you'l never guess) and I need to find some dimensions, so if anyone happens to know the dimensions or have a piston lying around could someone please tell me the crown hight from the centre of the gudgeon pin, the diameter of the gudgeon pin and the maximum width and thickness of the little end please?

I'm looking at using 4A-C or 4A-FE pistons, I don't know of there's any difference between the different 4A pistons? (apart from the the 4A-ZE pistons obviously)

Thanks

Hayden

4AC pistons will be different to 4AF/FE pistons which will also be different to 4AGE pistons (which will also be different depending on which version of the 4AGE it is) which will be different to 4AGZE pistons (apparently) which will be different to 20V pistons.

In short, they are essentially all different. And 4AC pistons probably won't be much use for a crossflow engine anyway (the valve-cuts are for a counter-flow engine obviously)

Hi guys

Thanks

Hayden

4AC pistons will be different to 4AF/FE pistons which will also be different to 4AGE pistons (which will also be different depending on which version of the 4AGE it is) which will be different to 4AGZE pistons (apparently) which will be different to 20V pistons.

In short, they are essentially all different. And 4AC pistons probably won't be much use for a crossflow engine anyway (the valve-cuts are for a counter-flow engine obviously)

Okay, thanks. The valve cuts don't matter too much as the engine in question from a 1957 Peugeot 403 that has a whopping 7:1 compression ratio, the valves don't get anywhere near the piston (infact the "rev limiter" is when the valves float), depends on the dome of the piston though I guess. Its a hemi (crossflow) engine with the valves about 20 degrees apart.

I was thinking 4A-C and 4A-FE pistons cause their pretty cheap and easy to get and I don't really need anything special, this thing only does 6000rpm an makes just over 60hp.

Thanks

Hayden