Knocking sound, is this normal?

Hi all, I have recently bought a SX6. I could hear a knocking sound when it change from 1st to 2nd gear after I first started the engine. It is a 1 off sound and I wouldn't hear that until the next time when I start the engine again. Is this sounds normal to you guys?

Welcome to TOCAU

Are you referring to the sound you get when you take off for the first time after starting your car, and it does not occur afterwards when you get your car rolling?

If so, this is to do with the ABS. Every time you start your engine and then drive off the ABS performs a self-check. The service manual best describes this:

When the vehicle speed first becomes approximately 4 mph (6 km/h) or more after the ignition switch is turned on (IG), each solenoid valve and motor of the brake actuator is sequentially activated to perform an electrical check. During the initial check, the operating sound of solenoid valve and motor can be heard from the engine compartment, but this is not a malfunction.

• 3 weeks later...

nope, no suspicious noice in my aurion. the transmissions running perfectly and smoothly thoughout the gears. i'm not sure what's the problem with the transmission in your car.

nope, no suspicious noice in my aurion. the transmissions running perfectly and smoothly thoughout the gears. i'm not sure what's the problem with the transmission in your car.

Did you read the post above yours?

Did you read the post above yours?

oh, my bad...