Box on wheels ... I love it !

SteveAndBelle

Pity we didn't get these when this style was popular in Japan a decade or so ago :( I've attached a shot of a Nissan Cube circa 1998 and the few times I've been to Tokyo I usually see a few of the later generation models rolling around the streets lookin' really goooood.

I know we're only a small market share due to our piddly population but why does Australia always miss out on the decent models ?!? Why can't we have the Toyota Diesels ? Even NZ gets them ! Why can't we get the V6 AWD Corollas ?? Why do we have to put up with all the extreme standard stuff all the time ?!? Makes me mad.

Good on Toyota for the Rukus though. I'd love to get one but SWMBO absolutey hates them. Pity, they'd be a great 'project' car & possibly even a decent little work van too. Imagine the subs you could throw in the back ... and the shag pile carpet ... and the bubble windows ... and the airbrush artwork (kidding for the last three of course) :P

post-19613-127862920284_thumb.jpg

Edited by SteveAndBelle

my gf was about to buy a cube like pictured, they are really cool to drive actually!

Hold onto her ! I thought chicks only dug 'sleek' cars ... not cool boxy ones.

Mine wanted a bB something shocking....but then again she changes her mind almost weekly as to what car she wants next....

they are cute cars, and i dont mind having them as a daily driver to run around,

but they are not really a feasible alternative (if in the value for money market) because they just cost too much for what you get - fullstop.

Car Sales Link

Starting from 14,999 for a 1.4L <50,000kms, thats steep for a used car - but it is imported under the RAW Scheme so thats expected.

And if you get this......, you'll be cleaning your rims for at lease 1 hour if you wont wash them weekly. A detailers nightmare!!!!!