Dylan's Sportivo

HiLift

They will give a bit of a slap noise when cold :P

The main thing you are after is compression and weight reduction. I assume you are talking about the Mahles? I'm told the Wiseco are lighter, but require sleeves. It's a cost you will have to look into as with no experience with them I'd hate to sway you one way or another. The increase in compression would require a retune to starve off knock. Might be worthwhile looking into Boosted2.0's intake manifold for a cost comparison. Did you have valve train upgrades done also?

yeh got mwr valves and springs when i put the piper cams in.

I though that Boosted2.0's intake manifold wasn't made for our cars? would look mean as in the engine bay though. what do you mean slap noise lol Ive always loved the sound you get from N/A with forged pistons sounds so tough. but im thinking it would be a labour intense job to put them in considering i was charged 4hr just to take the head off. probably overcharged!!! grrrrrr

I couldn't remember if you had the cams or not. He is close to finishing the intake manifold for the stage 3 cams (or is finished?).

Forged pistons expand a bit more than the regular pistons so they end up being loose when cold. The piston skirt then 'slaps' the cylinder wall as it has more freedom to move. It does increase wear on the walls, but I'm not sure if it would be considered significant or not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, my freind just has a CAI and exhaust extractors what ever and he got a 115kws in Dyno?? and your running after market computer?? i guess only way you need to do is take it to the track and see what you run :)

yeh have got power fc and hopefully i will be able to hit the track at the end of the month.