X6 or N97 MIni Which should i get ??

Rolla & Sao Boy

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi guys looking to upgrade my Mobile . (ASAP)

Wanted to know what peoples opinions are . (for these phones and what is more recommended)

Looking to get either :

1) Nokia X6 (Retail $479)

or

2) Nokia N97 Mini (Retail $599)

Was also considering getting the Samsung Galaxy S through Optus but the guy i spoke to was a real ***** so once again screw Optus and i will stick with 3 on the 29 CAP.

Please do not suggest the iphone as thats not an option i'm consideringwink.gif.

Please use the Voting system towards the top and Select the phone i should get (THANKS).

Edited by Rolla & Sao Boy

I can't speak for the X6, but I had a full size N97 previously and I hated it. I found it very buggy even with the latest firmware, and internet browsing was a pain. It would require a hard reset almost daily which means losing all my personal settings.

I can't speak for the X6, but I had a full size N97 previously and I hated it. I found it very buggy even with the latest firmware, and internet browsing was a pain. It would require a hard reset almost daily which means losing all my personal settings.

Thanks for the feedback , have heard the Symbian OS in Nokia phones make them slow too.

That was one of the reasons i was considering the Andriod Samsung Galaxy S but the Guy at Optus (on the phone) really didnt give a cr@p if i signed with them or someone else . Puts me off with that sort of customer service.

The N97 mini (which replaces the N97) supposedly fixed most of the hardware problems. Cara has one, no real complaints although I can't stand a resistive touch-screen, the keyboard is handy though and a fair few widgets. Personally I've got a Samsung i8910 Omnia HD which is awesome at several things (photos, videos etc, nice big capacitative touch-screen too) but Symbian is getting a little old, there aren't as many widgets for it as there are for the N97, and my fingers are slightly too big for the on-screen keyboard. Nice alternative to the iPhone though.

N900 would be a good one to look at too although I think only Optus have it

Im getting a Nokia N97 mini soon.. my old contract just got renewed. Girl from phone said 'its the hottest fone out now'.. we shall see <_<

Should be delivered to me soon

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up getting the X6 .. Not a bad phone but twice from being fully charged the batteries have drained to flat in 30 mins odd. And thats not even while being used . I might take it back to the shop and see what they have to say about it ..

The other thing with the X6 is it runs applications in the background if you havent closed it/them properly .. So just pressing the Main escape but doesnt do the trick , still have to exit everything as it doesnt apper on the screen unless you check what apps are open.(this also drains the battery a lot)

Somedays i think i should have just got the N97mini..

actually the Nokia N97 (and mini) run programs in the background as well - which really used to fustrate me as there was no quick way to return to the main screen AND shut down all the programs too. It had to be done by manually exiting every program running.

On the Iphone I have I don't have multitasking, and it really doesn't bother me. Actually it simplifies things greatly and I can still have my music playing whilst using other programs so it's truly "single tasked". And I have yet to find it an inconvenience to not be able to sms someone or view the gps whilst I'm browsing the internet.

Hooking up a Galaxy S on monday, far superior to the nokia garb thats out now. In most reviews, the galaxy is on par if not slightly better than the iphone4. They both share the same 1 gig samsung processor, but the galaxy has far superior graphix processors, brighter screen and view angle.. Only real downside to the galaxy is no flash on the camera. Pfff, i dont take many night shots.

Ive been really disappointed with nokias lately, too glitchy, too slow and behind the 8 ball now. My N96 was utter crap.

Been using my new Nokie N97 mini for the last few weeks. Big upgrade from old sony erisson i had. its alrite.. still havnt figured out all the functions and what not. Not the best choice of fone for my kinda work but its nice. something different.. touch screen is cool and keyboard very handy to text with. camera is also good, better than my old 2.0mp

actually the Nokia N97 (and mini) run programs in the background as well - which really used to fustrate me as there was no quick way to return to the main screen AND shut down all the programs too. It had to be done by manually exiting every program running.

Can't remember if you can do it on the N97m or not, but the Samsung OmniaHD runs the same S60 system, and when you're back at the idle screen you hold down the menu hard-button and it brings up a list of all the programs running, and you can shut them down that way (rather than opening the program and then quitting out)

Can't remember if you can do it on the N97m or not, but the Samsung OmniaHD runs the same S60 system, and when you're back at the idle screen you hold down the menu hard-button and it brings up a list of all the programs running, and you can shut them down that way (rather than opening the program and then quitting out)

I know the X6 has this function too. But i prefer a main exit button which will solve this problem of having to close each prog.You can live with it but its a pain on the .....

One day i intend to get the Galaxy S and palm my X6 to my wife.Dont think she will be too impressed though ..laugh.gif

I know the X6 has this function too. But i prefer a main exit button which will solve this problem of having to close each prog.You can live with it but its a pain on the .....

One day i intend to get the Galaxy S and palm my X6 to my wife.Dont think she will be too impressed though ..laugh.gif

I get around it by not having 10-million programs running at the same time. Takes only one more button press to get out of most programs then it does to just jump straight back to the idle screen, and I rarely need to multi-task

I was tossing up between the Galaxy S and the new iPwn, the decision was made for me on Friday when every single phone shop everywhere ran out of stock in 10 seconds flat and nobody could give me a real indication of how long it would take to get more iPhones in :lol:

48 hours into a 24 month relationship with the Samsung and I'm happy so far.... looks good, does everything, isn't picky about Bluetooth partners (my biggest gripe with Apple) and the Android widgets are kinda cool. Battery life is acceptable considering I've been smashing the WiFi and generally playing with it almost non stop. No hesitation in recommending it based on a weekend's worth of experience.

I bought the X6 and it's great.

I have no problems using it.

Also, my battery will last days and I use the phone regularly.

My battery doesnt run out od charge eveyday but it seems after so many charge cycles randomly it goes flat one day.Might happen once in 6-9 days.

Other than that the only complain is it can be slow especially after taking a photo or opening 1 ..

Rating wise i will say 7 out of 10 , Thats my personal opinion of the X6