Tight Fit???

Hi Guys,

has anyone installed a TRD CAI in a face lifted sportivo???

i installed mine this morning and the space behind the headlight is virtually non-existant compared to the 2004 model......

had to pretty much jam the pipe down there, and the alignment does not allow for the second bracket to be fitted. its wedged between the headlight and chassis so tight that i guess the bracket is not needed.

have you guys with 2005 model had the same issue???

cheers

Hi Guys,

i installed mine this morning and the space behind the headlight is virtually non-existant compared to the 2004 model......

had to pretty much jam the pipe down there, and the alignment does not allow for the second bracket to be fitted. its wedged between the headlight and chassis so tight that i guess the bracket is not needed.

cheers

yep had the same prob i just bent the steel bit under the lights so that it would fit, and i zip tied the 2nd bracket, i just took some pics but i cant find the cable for the camera ill post them soon as i find it.

Hi Guys,

cheers

yep had the same prob i just bent the steel bit under the lights so that it would fit, and i zip tied the 2nd bracket, i just took some pics but i cant find the cable for the camera ill post them soon as i find it.

hey northy,

was it much work bending the metal lip where the pipe goes down????

cheers

none at all, i just got a bit of pipe i think and just bent it, i didn't need to go far as you can see from the pic, the zip ties are holding it fine and its been almost a year

my old man's got a sheap load of stainless steel piping at work, maybe a tad heavier than alluminium but it will never rust and keeps alot cooler than alluminium, so i think im going for a custom made one. Ill make it a project to see how it works, i mean its too easy to get a trd or aem one , I wanna make some custom stuff, see how it turns out.

it's very easy to get a copy of the TRD one made. We were quoted $40 to have the MAF mount machined up and welded along with custom mounting brackets etc so the pipe was a perfect fit.

that's the AFM mount and brackets, there's only three bends in the $6 section of tube, one 90deg, one 45deg, and one on a lot smaller angle.

Are there any CAI's that fit the 2005 model properly without modifying, cutting or bending?

There has been alot of talk about all the different brands in regard to making them fit etc but are there any that are a proper fit using existing brackets/mounts?

Travelling o/s soon I've also found they're excellent for luggage security too. Tie them on when you leave, when you pick up your bag, if the tie is still there and in one piece the bag is safe.