Toyota Corolla vs Yaris

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to buy a new car and wondering if people can help me out deciding which car to go for. Currently thinking of Toyota Yaris (4dr Sedan YRS) or Corolla (4dr Sedan Ascent). Though I know they are of different category completely but wondering if you guys have any good references/experience of some of the dealers in Sydney suburbs. Looking for some good deals for 2009 Demo models.

Cheers

AJ

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to buy a new car and wondering if people can help me out deciding which car to go for. Currently thinking of Toyota Yaris (4dr Sedan YRS) or Corolla (4dr Sedan Ascent). Though I know they are of different category completely but wondering if you guys have any good references/experience of some of the dealers in Sydney suburbs. Looking for some good deals for 2009 Demo models.

Cheers

AJ

sydney did u say? yaris then... and if u had the choice? go auto. easy to park. esp in those tight car park spots <_<

and i thought melbourne was bad :P

Hi Everyone,

Cheers

AJ

I went through the same question myself before I bought my Corolla, easiest way to decide is to take the two for a drive from the same dealership (and if you are intending to do much highway driving try and test them at a dealership where you can actually get highway time on the testdrive). As for dealers try Phil McCarroll or Castle Hill (not sure if either of these have demonstrators or not)

• 2 weeks later...

I live around and work in Sydney CBD and I will say that parking is a pain in the ***** with my Corolla, so logic would tell me to get a Yaris. But I have a problem with the Yaris roughness on the road as I can clearly hear and feel the NVH when I drove my friends YRS the other day. The Corolla is quieter and larger, drinks a bit more petrol but very comfortable. The Honda Jazz my cousin has on the other hand is even quieter than my Corolla in some instances! I will also say that the Honda Jazz is a practical car which has like 12 cup holders and one touch fold seats which I loved.

But it's really up to you and you need to test drive the pair and compare I suppose.

Edited by stevo1210