center colsole power

admanzr6

Hi Guys,

Since I am a visual person, can anyone post a couple of pics of where to insert the red and black power wires for a couple of LCD's ? using the center console power of course. a sketch will do also. I read a little bit about an install a couple of months back, but the whole wiring thing was kind of left out.

each lcd has a black and red wire, do i need separate points for them, or just twist together and put them into the same spot.

( i know the sparky's are cringing at my lack of knowledge )

Also, does the back seat panel unscrew or have snap ins ?

cheers

Hi

As for the front seat removal there is a topic on here that shows you how to remove them thanx to DKOR as usual he knows everything aurion .

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28403

and as for the wiring the black is the earth red is power the best way to tap into the centre console is from under neath where the wires are connected red to red and black to black you can either crimp them together using snap terminals or the best way is to strip the red wire back using a blade and soldering them on . * Note that if you are using this you may not be able to use it for anything else as the fuse will not handle much more load .

Hi Guys,

Since I am a visual person, can anyone post a couple of pics of where to insert the red and black power wires for a couple of LCD's ? using the center console power of course. a sketch will do also. I read a little bit about an install a couple of months back, but the whole wiring thing was kind of left out.

each lcd has a black and red wire, do i need separate points for them, or just twist together and put them into the same spot.

( i know the sparky's are cringing at my lack of knowledge )

Also, does the back seat panel unscrew or have snap ins ?

cheers

Edited by TRDCELICA

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot to reply to this thread. Anyways, if you choose to tap into the cigarette lighter wiring at the front outlet, the wires are the two thick ones on the right half of the circled wiring harness. These should be blue (+12v) and white with black trace (GND).

dsc02671bb4.jpg