Adam's Gen4 GTP

addy287

Thoughts...New rims with cheapo tyres or keep the steelies and put good tyres??

The steelies look ridiculous. It detracts to the good looks of the coilovers + bodykit; you need rims.

Get some rims + tyres; even if you choose not to buy my rims you can still get decent tyres (Federal 595ss) + rims cheap.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Looking awesome Adam and totally understand raising it a little bit, mine will have to be the same once I do it, darn sh!tty country roads dry.gif It looks great with the GTP kit as well, are you going to get the spoiler as well?

Thanks Tash, I don't think I will be getting the spoiler, I think its rediculously overpriced and a bit too 'out there'. Speaking of sh!tty roads haha the experience of going on bumpy roads just got a million times worse. Plus I need to raise the front a little cause if I take a left hand turn with a purpose...the wheel scrubs on the fender guard to the point where I'm almost worn through :blink:

Thoughts...New rims with cheapo tyres or keep the steelies and put good tyres??

Soft, isnt the whole point of coilvers to have them wound down as low as possible? hehe

But srsly, it looks good now, you just need some decent wheels.

Had the coilovers installed during the week....I think I made it a little too low. So far I am enjoying the massive improvement in the handling sector, though the ride softness has obviously diminished quiet a lot.

First picture, all 4 have been installed without being adjusted. So it was very low at this point...it got stuck on the hoist and they were hesitant to drive it off as it was going to scrape my front lip.

c805af08.jpg

Fronts have been adjusted, just working on the backs. Not sure if you can see the camber on the fronts (I later removed)

d77a1ab8.jpg

Finally got it home, had a look and noticed it was waaay too low. Couldn't get it in the driveway so its on the street!

BEFORE:

P1000724.jpg

AFTER:

3923a9fc.jpg

dam thats slammed bro cant wait to see it on saturday night will look mad with some nice rims

sean

Now that is one sweet looking camry :D Loving the tint on the tail lights and the projectors are pure awesome. Coilovers have done a brilliant job :D I'd suggest rims (also agree those stockies detract from the cars looks) and if you have to stinge on the tyres then you can always get better ones when you've saved up some more dosh

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update:

Has since been raised from the height it was at; she's now sitting perfectly.

Ordered an Ultra Racing Front Strut brace and a Whiteline 20mm Rear sway bar.

Ordered a new K&N Panel filter.

And its getting tinted tomorrow, 35% on fronts (darkest legal), 18% on back 3 windows (just a little illegal haha)

Its gonna be a handling demon.

(By the way I'm aware that the photos have been deleted, I'm in the process of re-uploading them for you all to see)

Edited by addy287

Hey addy - good update, glad you have now got her sitting perfectly :) Top stuff with the strut and sway, definitely going to be a lot of fun now!!

Tint will look hot as well :D

• 1 month later...

Rims will finally be put on tomorrow. Like a million years later!

I have also ordered a NonStopTuning lightened crank pulley.

70% lighter than OEM

around 5kws

Non-dampened? You will regret it...

The standard harmonic balancer removes engine vibrations, it's 'heavy' because its full of rubber. In my opinion 5kW is not worth the cons.

Got the new lightened pulley today. Was expecting noises and vibrations as you said...yet there is nothing. Absolutely no extra rattles or noise. Has changed the way it powers down a very small amount, mainly in the higher revs. But it looks cool so it was worth the money.

Should've dynoed it before and after to see the changes, if any.

The standard harmonic balancer removes engine vibrations, it's 'heavy' because its full of rubber. In my opinion 5kW is not worth the cons.

Got the new lightened pulley today. Was expecting noises and vibrations as you said...yet there is nothing. Absolutely no extra rattles or noise. Has changed the way it powers down a very small amount, mainly in the higher revs. But it looks cool so it was worth the money.

Should've dynoed it before and after to see the changes, if any.

It might not feel that much different to you, but it feels different to your crankshaft and internals.

Looks great in the first 2 pics clean and stylish and then all rest are broken links :(

Yea Photobucket decided to delete my account for No reason. They were just progression shots of my mods.

Exhaust will be finished in an hour! Just a straight through axle-back muffler with dual rolled tips on a slight angle. Nothing too major just wanted to balance out the crazy induction noise with a nice note from the back. Plus getting rid of the massive Christmas turkey standard muffler!

Hey Adam,

First of all your car does look like it's had a lot of time effort and money put into it. Looks great.

I've got a question for you, did you ever do anything about the fluted headlights? I'm looking to get some HID's into my Gen 4 but the fluted glass/plastic is stopping me from going ahead with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alan