Adam's Gen4 GTP

addy287

I hold my own praise to be the fastest Gen4 N/A I've come across - a mate of mine has a Gen4 with the TRD bodykit and TRD exhaust and we maybe had a little race...lets just say I was pulling and neither of us knew why.

DIY intake = more gains than a TRD exhaust?

Take her to the drags and see what she pulls. Cheap and fun way to measure it's power. So far it seems you have 15.058s to beat:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Toyota-Camry-Timeslip-10391.html

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a pretty damn quick time to beat...my car might have to go on a little bit of a diet before I go to drags.

Just an Update:

Just ordered:

- Projector's (with built in Angel Eyes) for my HID's - planning to do a retro-fit

- HB3 2500K Nokya Bulbs to boost my High-Beams

Car is getting serviced this Saturday, in need of a new filter.... To K&N or not to K&N?

PS: Trent I hate you! dry.gif

Looking great Adam! Love that GTP kit :D :D :D As for a spoiler... hmm... I do like them, have you considered maybe a lip spoiler?

Good job on all the mod work too, lucky Trent hasn't gotten to me bahahahah Good luck with the projector retro fit, I'd love to see how that turns out! And go the K&N, I bet you will :P

Looking great Adam! Love that GTP kit biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif As for a spoiler... hmm... I do like them, have you considered maybe a lip spoiler?

Good job on all the mod work too, lucky Trent hasn't gotten to me bahahahah Good luck with the projector retro fit, I'd love to see how that turns out! And go the K&N, I bet you will tongue.gif

Yea I'm not too keen on the GTP spoiler...I would love a TRD lip spoiler, but they are MEGA rare.

OH don't you just love it when a few little packages arrive:

c2a17246.jpg

043aee27.jpg

8e920173.jpg

Only issue with the Projectors is that they were made for a LHD vehicle, see:

2f2415a6.jpg

Opened it up, modified it a little...all good:

e23c0e5f.jpg

Installing the projectors this weekend, so I'll be sure to keep you all posted. Oh I have also updated my 'Future Mods' in the first post.

Bored at work, so I thought I would give you a little update for those who are interested.

Projectors are in and looking very good, only issur is that the right one sort of flickers a little sometimes; not on and off but like bright and low if that makes sense. Heres a quick picture.

4f2d33a7.jpg

Bored at work, so I thought I would give you a little update for those who are interested.

Projectors are in and looking very good, only issur is that the right one sort of flickers a little sometimes; not on and off but like bright and low if that makes sense. Heres a quick picture.

4f2d33a7.jpg

neat projectors! this is what i want to get one day for mine too..just love projectors..and HIDs just go with projectors way better than normal setups..we want to see pics of it installed and in action :)

about the flickering, are you running it off a relay harness kit? if not you should get one as that is important to eliminate the flickering and also prolongs the life of your stock wiring..

Ok so I have finally gotten around to taking a few pictures of my Projector retro-fit. Overall I'm really happy with them and I would recomend them to anyone who doesn't already have them.

Sorry for the poorish quality of the shots, there were taken from my iPhone.

In real-life the Angel eyes are much more distinctive, you can actually see the full circle unlike its showing in the picture (as they are pretty damn bright)

25eccd19.jpg

Nice and Clean isn't it!!

ec884f21.jpg

With the lights ON...(they look greenish in the pic, but they are white/blue (6000K)

110ac88d.jpg

And with my 2500K imported High-beams on aswell:

9749d046.jpg

OUTTA MY WAY!!!

0886e114.jpg

I have also ordered a few little gizmos for the car, nothing major though.

Edited by addy287

@ Anthony and Vijith:

Yes the stock headlight lens messes with the cut off - which is a tad annoying. BUT in saying that it is 100 times better than stock. I am planning in the near future to get the inside of the lens sanded down so its nice a smooth - but i just dont have the time or money at the moment.

Atleast it is not blinding other drivers which was the main reason for me getting these

• 4 months later...

Been ages since I've been on the forums, also been ages since I bought anything nice for my car...

So I went and bought coilovers...say goodbye to rolling through corners and hello to dumped *****!

:D :D Will take pictures when they arrive!

Hey Adam

I have for the first time laid eyes on this thread. The cam looks awesome. I have seen a few Gen4's with kits and they looked to be the try-hard overkill to me.

Can't wait to see it with the suspension kit and some wheels. If you have not yet got wheels and are are interested there is a US site where I ordered my wheels (Konig Rewinds) from that has a huge range of wheels and allows you to have a look at your car with the wheels on.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/

Click on the Interactive Wheel System icon and your car is listed albeit without the kit.

Have fun

• 2 weeks later...

They arrived. Loving the look of them, now all i have to do is find time to install them!

Here's two quick pics with me playin around with my new camera.

P1000758.jpg

P1000760.jpg

I also took two side on pictures for before and after results. New side indicators aswell.

P1000724.jpg

P1000730.jpg

They arrived. Loving the look of them, now all i have to do is find time to install them!

Here's two quick pics with me playin around with my new camera.

P1000758.jpg

P1000760.jpg

I also took two side on pictures for before and after results. New side indicators aswell.

P1000724.jpg

P1000730.jpg

finally joined the coilover club good for you i have a set siting in my shed waiting to get put in just waiting on new rims and camber bolts then will install them.

sean

Had the coilovers installed during the week....I think I made it a little too low. So far I am enjoying the massive improvement in the handling sector, though the ride softness has obviously diminished quiet a lot.

First picture, all 4 have been installed without being adjusted. So it was very low at this point...it got stuck on the hoist and they were hesitant to drive it off as it was going to scrape my front lip.

c805af08.jpg

Fronts have been adjusted, just working on the backs. Not sure if you can see the camber on the fronts (I later removed)

d77a1ab8.jpg

Finally got it home, had a look and noticed it was waaay too low. Couldn't get it in the driveway so its on the street!

BEFORE:

P1000724.jpg

AFTER:

3923a9fc.jpg

Nice! Looking awesome Adam and totally understand raising it a little bit, mine will have to be the same once I do it, darn sh!tty country roads <_< It looks great with the GTP kit as well, are you going to get the spoiler as well?

Nice! Looking awesome Adam and totally understand raising it a little bit, mine will have to be the same once I do it, darn sh!tty country roads dry.gif It looks great with the GTP kit as well, are you going to get the spoiler as well?

Thanks Tash, I don't think I will be getting the spoiler, I think its rediculously overpriced and a bit too 'out there'. Speaking of sh!tty roads haha the experience of going on bumpy roads just got a million times worse. Plus I need to raise the front a little cause if I take a left hand turn with a purpose...the wheel scrubs on the fender guard to the point where I'm almost worn through :blink:

Thoughts...New rims with cheapo tyres or keep the steelies and put good tyres??

Fair enough on the spoiler - I think I do remember you saying that earlier. It looks pretty good without it at any rate :D Lol, and there's no shortage of bumpy roads in Sydney! No offense but man was I glad to be back in Victoria :lol: Not cool about the scrubbing though, better get it booked in then and raise it up a bit, otherwise could roll the guards? Though I'd probably just raise it that little bit, will still look great and give the handling you want :)

Hrrrm.. I am conflicted. I would really like to see rims on there to complete the look, but getting cheap tyres goes against the safety side of my brain lol Although the tyres on mine were "only" $275 each.

Edited by Tash