05' Camry Support E10?

Anarcher217

Does the Toyota Camry 05' support E10? doesnt say in owners bookelt thks :)

I think it does but you loose power and acceleration response time.

Im guessing cars made after 1992 should be fine with E10...

Seriously per tank its like an extra $5-8 to put 95 or premium depending on prices. Why bother with the ethanol?

I agree with you mate.

But people now days want to save as much as they possibly can.

Im sticking to my 98 Octane :)

e10 was created recently, so it shouldn't be listed in the owners manual of a 05 camry. you can use it if you want because the petrol stations selling it guarantees that it would be fine for cars made from the 90's onwards to use it. but i would have to agree with the previous responses saying that its not worth using it when premium unleaded with benefits for the engine costs an extra $5-10 per tank to use.

Yes, here is the offical reply from Toyota Auatralia about E10 compatibility http://www.toyota.com.au/faqs

For vehicles manufactured or imported by Toyota Australia:

TOYOTA (Passenger Models)

Locally produced Toyota models will operate satisfactorily on petrol fuel blended with 10% ethanol (E10) from the following production dates:

Camry: from Jan 1987 (All electronic fuel injection models)

Corolla: from July 1994

Avalon: All

Lexcen: All

(Note: Previous production and Corona model not recommended due to incompatability of material)

Enthanol blend greater than 10% is not approved

All Toyota passenger vehicles fully imported by Toyota Australia will operate on petrol fuel blended with 10% ethanol (E10), except older models:

Supra

Cressida

Paseo

Starlet

(Note: E10 not recommended due to incompatiibility of material) Enthanol blend greater than 10% is not approved.

Hope this helps

K8Canb

but you are not saving at all. the last time i checked the E10 was only 2c cheaper than the reg unleaded!!! how laughable. apparently ppl used E10 was because it's more environmentally friendly.

what make me laugh the most is ppl talk about saving when they are still using petrol car where they should be on lpg or diesel. you save half the bill straight off.

I ran my previous 1995 V6 Magna on Shell E10 for 6 months. Price per litre was cheaper, but fuel economy decreased that you used more fuel to travel the same distance then using the Standard Unleaded 91 Octane or above 95 or 98 octane, thus costing more overall to run. I returned to using Shell standard unleaded 91 octane and once a month I used VPower 98 octane, to burn out any carbob buildup due to Sydney inner city driving.

Because Shell has taken away (Fed Law) the Standard Unleaded 91 and replaced with E10, I'm using Shell 95 in the '99 Camry I have now. I'm paying more per litre but have better fuel consumption.

I ran my previous 1995 V6 Magna on Shell E10 for 6 months. Price per litre was cheaper, but fuel economy decreased that you used more fuel to travel the same distance then using the Standard Unleaded 91 Octane or above 95 or 98 octane, thus costing more overall to run. I returned to using Shell standard unleaded 91 octane and once a month I used VPower 98 octane, to burn out any carbob buildup due to Sydney inner city driving.

Because Shell has taken away (Fed Law) the Standard Unleaded 91 and replaced with E10, I'm using Shell 95 in the '99 Camry I have now. I'm paying more per litre but have better fuel consumption.

I always use Wolworth's discount coupen so I always go and fill in Wolworth owned Caltex pumps, they never sold E10 at these pumps. However, last week I went to one of my regular Wolworth pump (Hughes ACT), I was surprised to see that they have stopped selling regular unleaded and only sell E10. They also sell 95 and 98 Ron petrol.

That means slowly R91 unleaded is disappearing from pumps! I never expected this to happen at Wolworth owned pumps.

K8Canb

but you are not saving at all. the last time i checked the E10 was only 2c cheaper than the reg unleaded!!! how laughable. apparently ppl used E10 was because it's more environmentally friendly.

what make me laugh the most is ppl talk about saving when they are still using petrol car where they should be on lpg or diesel. you save half the bill straight off.

Yeah you dont save much by using E10, maybe $2 for a 50L tank...

Went to Service station earlier to pump up the wheels and here are the fuel prices, (approx)

E10 - 124.9

95 - 128.9

98 - 133.9

What on earth happen to 91 :( .... Oh well i use 98 anyway so it doesnt matter :)

The service stations like E10 because in places where they still sell it alongside ULP 91, it allows them to display a cheaper board price. Coles Express has introduced E10 into a limited number of sites in Melbourne and have replaced ULP 95 with E10 at many locations. They sell E10 for three cents per litre cheaper than regular ULP and with the shopper docket discount, it is a further four cents per litre cheaper (a total saving of seven cents per litre over regular ULP).

Therefore, the price board reads something like this:

Discount E10: 112.9

Unleaded E10: 116.9

Unleaded 91 : 119.9

Motorists get tricked into thinking one service station is selling petrol cheaper than another which only sells your standard 91, 95 and 98 because they might, in the Coles Express case, see 112.9 versus maybe 119.9 at BP.

E10 is sold at all United branded sites in Melbourne, a large number of independents, selected Coles Express outlets and selected Caltex sites. 7 Eleven has started to sell E10 as well (supplied from Shell) but the roll out was delayed because of tight supply due to Shell's agreement with Coles.

there isn't much of a difference betwwen the 2 types considering that regular unleaded is 3c per litre more than e10 but delivers better economy.the only major difference between the 2 types is that e10 will be more environmentally friendly.

In today's Daily Telegraph Car Guide, Graham Smith wrote an article about E10. In the first part of his article he talks about the law in NSW, where it already requires fuel companies to blend 4 per cent ethanol in the regular unleaded they produce, and that will rise to 6 per cent on January 1, 2011 before going to 10 per cent on July 1 2011.

The second part of his article he says, "for now, NSW is only replacing regular unleaded petrrole with E10, a blend of 10 per cent ethanol with 90 per cent unleaded petrol".

If the current NSW law says that fuel companies are required to blend 4 per cent ethanol, are the fuel companies breaking the law by already blending 10 per cent ethanol, which is not suppose to be introduced until July 1 2011.

In today's Daily Telegraph Car Guide, Graham Smith wrote an article about E10. In the first part of his article he talks about the law in NSW, where it already requires fuel companies to blend 4 per cent ethanol in the regular unleaded they produce, and that will rise to 6 per cent on January 1, 2011 before going to 10 per cent on July 1 2011.

The second part of his article he says, "for now, NSW is only replacing regular unleaded petrrole with E10, a blend of 10 per cent ethanol with 90 per cent unleaded petrol".

If the current NSW law says that fuel companies are required to blend 4 per cent ethanol, are the fuel companies breaking the law by already blending 10 per cent ethanol, which is not suppose to be introduced until July 1 2011.

I believe they are permitted to blend up to 10 per cent, as per Australian Fuel Standards laws. You might find that E10 does not always contain 10% ethanol, the oil refineries may alter the blend depending on the time of year. However, the amount of ethanol in E10 must not exceed 10 per cent. If the blend is greater than 10%, it is law that the servo must declare so.

Vehicles that can operate on ethanol blended petrol can usually handle up to 10 per cent anyway. If they cannot handle up to 10 per cent, owners should not use E10 (or any ethanol blended fuel) in those vehicles.

United Petroleum sells a Premium 100 blend which contains up to five per cent ethanol. Shell previously sold a similar product called V-Power Racing but removed it from sale in late 2008. I did hear that a lot of non-performance vehicles do not run well on Premium 100.

I like to try using Vpower 98 once a month with my car. Should I be doing anything with my camry before trying VPower 98. I was using Standard unleaded (caltex) all the time. there are times thay my camry starts rough and I want it to run smooth.. I hope burning out some carbon build up would help thour VPower.

I like to try using Vpower 98 once a month with my car. Should I be doing anything with my camry before trying VPower 98. I was using Standard unleaded (caltex) all the time. there are times thay my camry starts rough and I want it to run smooth.. I hope burning out some carbon build up would help thour VPower.

Try running a fuel system/injector cleaner. When I switched from regular unleaded to Vpower I pulled apart my intake manifold; upper and lower, and gave it a really good clean with carby cleaner then ran 2 full tanks with 98 with a high blend of injector cleaner. I then reset the ECU and have been running Vpower EVERY tank since then.

246000km's and my engine is smoother, quieter and more economical than my dads '06 Magna. Its also quicker than my friends camry of the same year...

I also used to run VPower once a month in my Magna with no problems except a large hole in the wallet. Totally rediculous the extra price difference Since owning my Camry about 3 weeks, I have only used Shell 95 octane. The difference in price between E10 and 95 octane doesn't effect the wallet.

I also used to run VPower once a month in my Magna with no problems except a large hole in the wallet. Totally rediculous the extra price difference Since owning my Camry about 3 weeks, I have only used Shell 95 octane. The difference in price between E10 and 95 octane doesn't effect the wallet.

Should I empty my tank first til it lights up before pumping VPower. I believe there will be about 10 liters left in tank. So the possibility is... VPower will mix up with 10 liters of Standard Unleaded. will that be a problem? Sorry i'm just a new car owner :)

Should I empty my tank first til it lights up before pumping VPower. I believe there will be about 10 liters left in tank. So the possibility is... VPower will mix up with 10 liters of Standard Unleaded. will that be a problem? Sorry i'm just a new car owner :)

No, mixing it up will be fine. If you are really concerned and don't want to run a premium fuel all the time; just fill up a few times in a row with premium.

there's no problem running v-power totally is there, other than it is more expensive?

i found the car is definitely running much better than regular unleaded and getting more mileage out of it. not sure if it breaks even though since the figures go up and down depending on how much freeway or traffic jam i ran into.

btw can someone tell me what's the different between ron95 and ron98? thanks.

there's no problem running v-power totally is there, other than it is more expensive?

i found the car is definitely running much better than regular unleaded and getting more mileage out of it. not sure if it breaks even though since the figures go up and down depending on how much freeway or traffic jam i ran into.

btw can someone tell me what's the different between ron95 and ron98? thanks.

I don't believe there would be any problems running V-Power all the time. As you mention, it is just more expensive.

As far as I know it's just the difference of 3 in octane.

Click on link and read about the different Shell fuels: http://www.shell.com.au/home/content/aus/products_services/on_the_road/fuels/