HID kit

addy287

Just a quick one guys.

With regards to h4 HID kits is there a big difference between 35 and 55w systems? Will there be a brighter light with either one?

Yeah the 55w ones are way brighter..and i think they are not going to be street legal as well. Depends on your reflectors..if you have projection then you may be able to control the flow otherwise stay away from those. I had 35w HIDs on my camry. Well i got stickered by cops for under body blue neons and when i had gone to the inspection, they made me take off the HIDs as well saying they are not legal. So miss having the HIDs. Funny thing is i had HIDs on for about 3 years and been pulled over by cops but they said nothing about it, including the cops who stickered the car for neons said nothing is wrong having the HIDs. Damn inspectors at the pits!

So stay away from 55w, got it haha.

Are the 35w going to be much brigther than the so claimed 'ultra vision' that i have in my car now?

By ultra vision do you mean those halogens that are coated blue and claiming to be white? if you are comparing the 35w HIDs to that there is no comparison at all because the 35w HIDs are so many times brighter than any halogens.

So stay away from 55w, got it haha.

Are the 35w going to be much brigther than the so claimed 'ultra vision' that i have in my car now?

By ultra vision do you mean those halogens that are coated blue and claiming to be white? if you are comparing the 35w HIDs to that there is no comparison at all because the 35w HIDs are so many times brighter than any halogens.

Yea thats the ones that i have now, they are pretty good but i still find myself using my highbeams waaay too much haha. I think i might get one of those kits from ebay. See how it goes, if im happy with it then down the track ill buy a better branded one.

Thanks for your help :)

• 8 months later...

Or you could retrofit your headlights with projectors. I still have a set professionaly retrofitted headlights for sale for Camry 04.

Did what you just said like a week after I put the HID's in. Made a world of difference, no more stupid people highbeaming me.

9 Months later, still work like a dream

What temperature would be good for HID and doesnt attract Cops. I have an Auroin ZR6 2011

Anything up to 6000k should be ok. I'm using 5000k.

What temperature would be good for HID and doesnt attract Cops. I have an Auroin ZR6 2011

6000k will increase your chances of popo attraction. Go with 4300k which is stock temp for cars with real HIDs.

nothing over 6000K. i have 6000k and its very noticeable as it has a hint of blue through it. :P